• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Sold: 2005 Kawasaki KLR650

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whazzatt

Puppy
Reaction score
Bike
Kawasaki KLR 650
I’m unlikely to reply to posts here. If you want to communicate with me about the bike, feel free to whatsapp zero seven two two nine eight seven zero zero eight.

2005 Kawasaki KLR650
44,780kms
Doohickey done by Chris Shinn in Port Elizabeth several years ago
Extremely new Heidenau Scouts*
New 16 tooth front sprocket** (new 15 tooth will be thrown into the sale)
New back sprocket
New chain
Pannier boxes and frame
Top box
Extra storage cylinders
License up to date (next renewal is February 2023)
No service history, but well looked after mechanically
Plastics faded, as happens with these bikes
Cat not included

*I got the tyres put on at the same time as I got the sprockets and chain done. This was in February of 2020, i.e. a couple of weeks before first lockdown. I got the new tyres, sprockets and chain because I was set to start a thrice-weekly commute of 100kms per day for a contract that I was about to start. Lockdown meant that the work occurred exclusively online, so no commute, and the tyres sprockets and chain have hardly been used, just done a fortnightly round-trip of about 50kms for the past 2 years (part of my commendable battery-care protocol; shopping all fits into the boxes). 

**16 tooth front sprocket is a real game-changer for longer freeway commutes. Lots of opinions out there about the change, but I wouldn’t go back to 15 because even the gravel road rides are better with the change in my opinion.

KLR1.jpg

KLR2.jpg

KLR3.jpg

KLR4.jpg

KLR5.jpg

KLR6.jpg

KLR7.jpg

KLR8.jpg

KLR9.jpg

KLR10.jpg