• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

SOLD 2006 KTM 625 SXC SOLD

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JesseH

Race Dog
WD Supporter
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 950 Adventure S
Selling my beloved thumper. This thing is an absolute beast and I have loved every ride on it. It was KTM's answer to the mighty Honda XR650R but has a happy button and superior suspension... :peepwall: hiding from the Honda boys firing their artillery shots :deal:

It is the same frame and suspension as the 640 Adventure, but only weighs 138kg. I've had the suspension re-valved on the front and setup for my weight - 85kg rider plus gear. It rides so well offroad, uses the entire stroke of the 295mm up front but doesn't ever bottom out. It is really a fantastic machine. I've been upgrading and keeping it well maintained for the last 7 years.

Bike has just had a full oil service including fork oil. New Battery. New front tyre. MotoZ Front and Rear.
I had a new base gasket fitted a couple years ago as it was sweating slightly, while the barrel was off we inspected the valve guides and upper cylinder, put new rings - just because it was open and it runs like a dream. Other than this it has had no engine work done. Carb was serviced. Chain and sprockets done roughly 5000km ago, still look in great condition.
All in all it is a very well maintained machine and I haven't spared any expenses in keeping it in great shape, much like any of my other bikes or cars.

Extras are plenty, but off the top of my head to mention a few:
Heavy duty tubes
Auxiliary Spot lights
Long range tank and comfort saddle - From 640 Enduro (18L tank gives you approx. 320km Range) the standard seat and tank in pics included.
Re-inforced Subframe
Cush drive rear wheel - a very necessary upgrade on these bikes if you plan any tar riding. Standard rear wheel included, possibly needs to be re-laced.
Luggage rack
LED head light bulb
Spare Keys
Workshop Manual

Honesty section:
The speedo does not work. The standard KTM clock has become old and frail and got wet in a post-ride wash a couple years back. Its the Enduro-style speedo, they all give up the ghost sooner or later. For this reason I do not have an exact read on the mileage. My guess is around 28'000-30'000km. In the last 2 years since Covid I have been on exaclty 3 rides with it, I've  done MAYBE 1000km in 2 years. In that time I've serviced it twice and given it a run every now and then around the block.

Hence why I'm selling - I never get to ride the lovely thing. I wish I could justify keeping it but at the moment its just taking up garage space and when I do ride I tend to choose the 950 anyway. Oh ja, and we're expecting twin boys so the cash will be put into a Racing Fuel Savings Fund for their future... :pot:

If you're interested, please send me a whatsapp and we can chat, I'm happy to send more pics and chat more about the bike. I think its a great deal considering its a ready to roll Adve nduro machine.
072 five 8 too 0535

Attachments

• 625sxc1.jpg
    625sxc1.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 668
  • IMG_20211130_091532(1).jpg
    IMG_20211130_091532(1).jpg
    1 MB · Views: 670