• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

SOLD 2012 Beta 400RR SOLD

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bram

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Beta (all models)
Hi Gents,

I'm selling my 2012 Beta 400RR. This is the model with the long stroke engine and is incredibly smooth to drive and has an amazing bottom end

It comes with papers and the full road legal kit except for indicators and a hooter.
I bought the bike from the owner of the local KZN Beta dealer in May 2015 with 165hrs on the clock. It was his personal bike and well looked after.

Unfortunately last year the speedometer got water in it (very common on the Beta’s) and I cannot tell you what the mileage or hours are on the bike now.
I serviced the bike every 3rd to 4th rides only using Castrol Actevo and with a new oil filter every time.
The Beta’s have a split casing, meaning that there are different compartments of oil for the gearbox and clutch and for the engine. I believe this is much better for the longevity of the engine
Last year June I sent the bike in for a major service. I replaced all the bearings in the swing arm and linkage as well as both the wheels and did valve clearances. Mechanic than told met here is still quite some spare on the valves.
I also replaced the fork seals at that time.
The steering head bearings were replaced by me a couple months after I bought the bike.
As for the chain and sprockets they are still good and it has brand new chain guide and slide.

I in the meanwhile have put on an aftermarket FMF exhaust with a carbon cover to protect it. I have also added a pair of cycra probend hand guards.
The bike itself comes with hyde swingarm protectors and sump guard as well as carbon covers on both sides of the engine.

I tried my best to keep the bike in good shape as I don’t like riding a bad running bike.
Unfortunately after the major service I have only ridden the bike about 5 times due to studying and work and family responsibilities.

This has by far been the most reliable bike I have ever owned. Never given me a days of trouble.

Price wise I was looking at around R35 000.00 but am negotiable.

Note that some of the pictures show 350RR on the plastic. This is because my riding buddy replaced his plastics on his 350 and with white ones and gave me his old ones as they looed better than my originals. I still have all the original plastics.

Attachments

• IMG_1114_Easy-Resize.com.jpg
    IMG_1114_Easy-Resize.com.jpg
    242.9 KB · Views: 311
  • IMG_1115_Easy-Resize.com.jpg
    IMG_1115_Easy-Resize.com.jpg
    244.1 KB · Views: 310
  • IMG_1116_Easy-Resize.com.jpg
    IMG_1116_Easy-Resize.com.jpg
    242.6 KB · Views: 310
  • IMG_1117_Easy-Resize.com.jpg
    IMG_1117_Easy-Resize.com.jpg