• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

>>> SOLD >>> BMW R1100S

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carl84

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
****SOLD ****

Hi Dogs, now is your chance to own a well looked after future classic!  ;)

I am selling my 1999 BMW R1100S. 60 000KM +- on the clock. Has been my daily driver between Centurion & JHB until recently when I purchased a BMW R1200GS. I also have a KLE 500 and don't have space for 3 bikes in the garage.

The bike is well looked after and in good condition. I bought it in 2009 and it has been serviced by me from that date. Recent service history includes:
In September 2015: Oil, oil filter, replaced fuel pump & in tank fuel hoses (with special hoses that are submersible in petrol - had to import from the UK), fuel & air filter (with OEM BMW filters), battery, gearbox oil & shaft drive oil, front & rear brake lines replaced. This was done at around 45 000km.

More recently (at +- 55 000km) - oil, oil filter, oil sight glass & rear brake pads. Tires are at least 80%.

Bike comes with BMW Panniers and BMW tank bag, also has Van der Linde exhaust on.

Honesty section: The bike fell over back in 2010 with panniers fully loaded and packed with tents etc. & the right tabs where the sub frame bolt onto the main frame broke off. It fell on the pannier which took must of the brunt of the fall (pannier however still look fine). Bike was on +- 30 000km. Front side of bike has no damage, I had the tab welded but it is difficult to weld on the inside as one has to take off the shaft drive to gain access - something I have not yet had the chance to do. I have thus re-enforced it with a steel clamp as extra peace of mind. This has not given any issues since and I have loaded the bike and had pillions with no issues. This is the only item to take note off - the bike is rock solid and can be ridden to Cape Town tomorrow.  I have attached photo's of the bracket.

Asking price R40 000 neg. This includes BMW panniers & tank bag.

PM, Watsapp or phone me - O83 22 seven two two 8 5. I am in Centurion, Gauteng area