• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

SOLD - FS(CPT): Transalp 2006 - TLC needed - 50% of actual value. SOLD

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F650GS / Dakar
SOLD to [member=12971]woody1[/member]

Honda Transalp 2006
Licensed till 2022.
41000 on clock.
Bought this bike in this state on the forum couple of months ago, but never really got round to it.
Transfer was done from previous owner to me (except roadworthy for obvious reasons). So paperwork in order and licensed to early 2022.
Built a stand to work on it. Got the Hayes manual. Cleaned all the parts properly. Couple of other odds around my environment and then…well...sort off started the re-assembly, but didn’t even know what a Transalp looks like so got stuck with the wiring harness that didn’t make sense until the other day that I went to take photo’s of a complete bike. Still – the eagerness gage has gone from full to empty.
Looking to sell to recoup my costs.
As far as I am aware only the below is required. There could be more, but from my understanding from previous owner on the day I bought and the time I have spent around the parts/bike I am not aware of more than this. My understanding is that he disassembled to respray frame and re-do shock and also missed the enthusiasm to rebuild.

Brand new Hayes manual and very sturdy stand included.

Missing bits:
Time and enthusiasm.
There was a bolt for the instrument cluster which is sorted.
I know rubber seals for some indicator lenses will be needed.
I suspect a bush on the rear light cluster, but have not confirmed that yet.
Small air intake foam filter that completely perished when I cleaned it too harshly. The actual filter doing the real work is new.
Battery needed.
Tires are old (new rear tire included).
Grips needed.
Condition of the paintwork is decent, but there are minor scratches. Nothing serious.
I can WhatsApp more photos if someone is interested.

Bike located in Bellville CPT

R15000

Zero 63 535 19 68

Attachments

• OnStand.jpg
    OnStand.jpg
    318.5 KB · Views: 316