• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

*SOLD* HUAWEI Watch GT Classic - MODS PLEASE MOVE TO CORRECT BOARD

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChristoffGS

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F650GS / Dakar
EDIT - MODS PLEASE MOVE TO CORRECT BOARD!

Ok, so I bought this watch off another wilddog Strompie - https://wilddog.net.za/forum/index.php?topic=241783.0

I am now re-selling it.

Why you may ask?

Herewith my review:
- Battery life is phenomenal (as all reviews will tell you and which is the main selling point for Huawei)
- Built quality is excellent.  It looks and feels the part.
- All activity tracking functionality is very good and accurate. 
- The app works well and gives a good representation of all the data, as well as providing you with insights and analysis.
- Sleep tracking even measures REM - something which your average fitness tracker can't do.
- It has a lot of 'sport-modes' which it can track. 
- GPS for outdoor activities works well and accuracy is on par with the likes of Garmin.
- You do not need a Huawei phone - only the "Huawei Health" app which is available on the app store.

So why am I selling it again?  Well, there is one flaw and that is the fact that, at the moment, Huawei Health cannot integrate with 3rd party services like Strava.  You are limited to viewing your data on the Huawei Health app.  This is not necessarily a bad thing, but for me who only really want to track my running I prefer the Strava integration.

There is the possibility that Huawei will include integration with such services in the future, but it does not make sense for me to have to use one watch for activity tracking, and another for when I go running.

Hence I will hang onto my (dated) Garmin Forerunner 235 for now and hope that this watch can find a new owner.

The watch is still in near perfect condition and comes with all boxes/cables/chargers/booklets.

I just want to get my money back - R1599, which will include R99 towards the shipping method of your choice (I would prefer to do Postnet to Postnet as it is the easiest).

Feel free to PM should you be interested.  I can whatsapp more pics if need be.

NOTE - the pic below is the same one Strompie sent to me.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2019-10-14 at 18.20.05.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2019-10-14 at 18.20.05.jpeg
    105.4 KB · Views: 55