Solo quickie - Valley of 1k hills

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EssBee

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F800GS
I guess you could call this my first 'real ride' on the big Katoem, just a quick jaunt into the Inanda Dam area. I couldn't find the particular trail I wanted to (the one that Husky took Snapper and I on last time...I guess I could have if I was prepared to snoop around a bit, but didn't feel like it on my own).

Firstly, an early morning 'voorsmaakie' on the mountain bike into Giba Gorge...also solo.

Attachments

• solo28June1.JPG
    solo28June1.JPG
    118 KB
  • solo28June1.JPG
    solo28June1.JPG
    118 KB
  • solo28June2.JPG
    solo28June2.JPG
    141.6 KB
  • solo28June3.JPG
    solo28June3.JPG
    180.1 KB
Seems like I screwed up and duplicated the 1st pic instead of posting the aforementioned 'voorsmaakie' pic....

Attachments

• St Heliers1.JPG
    St Heliers1.JPG
    80.8 KB
  • solo28June4.JPG
    solo28June4.JPG
    152 KB
  • solo28June5.JPG
    solo28June5.JPG
    94.6 KB
  • solo28June6.JPG
    solo28June6.JPG
    130.3 KB
Thanks...and I don't think I was ever more than 35kms from home at any given time! It was only a 95 km ride.

Well, one thing is for sure now....the suspension issue is sorted! But the 950 is a bit of a beast in comparison to the 640...obviously takes some getting used to. I mean trying to STOP the thing from wheelspinning...ffs! :mwink: 8) 8) 8)

I was a bit of a girl on the tight hairpins.... :-[

all in good time, after 3 years I am still learning how to ride the beast and enjoying every second of the learning curve.

Good to hear the suspension is sorted  :thumleft:

Well....a damm good job done by DC Suspension! Now just to sort out 1) my fuel pump 2) my high fuel consumption... :xxbah:

Forget about fuel consumption  ;) have fun.

If you have a 16t sprocket then a 17t might improve the consumption just a bit
but consumption lies in your wrist.  >:D

Man, EssBee. If you trying to make me semi-homesick, then you are doing a great job.  :(

Nice bike !

And I recognize every spot ! 

Hey, GG, how are you doing?!?!

It's thanks to you partially that I'm starting to know where I'm going in that place!

Those hills are rather brown at the moment! Looks a tad different in the rainy season.

I was hoping to see at least half of the 1000 hills.

But all I see is a KTM blocking most if the view! >:D