Solo Rooiberg

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OX

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 950 Adventure S
Finally I got to have the whole day to my self so I hopped on the "46"  and headed north at about 07h30 on one very cold and windy Saturday am.
I did some dirt near Schurveberg and stopped at the Total in Harties for a coffee and toasted bacon and cheese. From there I headed toward Brits till I hit the canal.

dsc05212cs8.jpg

Did some canal roads and swung right to the rock , bought a 500ml coke and a pack of " Eat Sum Mores"

dsc05213px6.jpg

Rode up the rock (quad route) for a snack break.

dsc05214hm0.jpg

from there the route really went North.

When last did you see a TREK garage?

dsc05216oh7.jpg

After a bit nice long stretch of dirt I landed up in Rooiberg.

dsc05219te7.jpg

a nice little dorp with a clean looking hotel and restaurant AND the most interesting game viewing vehicle I have ever seen

dsc05220li6.jpg

dsc05221ww0.jpg

Also an old Coke truck in front of the "Koe Koe Pan " restaurant.

dsc05222gr6.jpg

From there I headed east and found some awesome dirt with yet again something unusual , an Owl sign ,

dsc05223hi5.jpg

I then found out my dad owned a stud farm ???? C Roodt ???

dsc05224rp9.jpg

From there I decided to take some " Back Roads " and found this !!! The smile on my face was larger getting Teasers comps !!!

dsc05225tw6.jpg

dsc05226jo8.jpg

I hammered down this section for a few Ks till i hit the dirt again. From there I headed towards the Cop shop at De Wildt for a quick beer,

dsc05246kl1.jpg

Total distance for the day

451 kms

Moving average

81.1km/h

Consumption

6.3 lts / 100 kms Giving me a whopping range of 444kms on my 28 Liter tank!

Man I love this "46"

Will be changing gearing during the week, to higher the speed, and that will give me even more range.

then headed home to sort Jnr Ox with the Bs

Bath

Bottle

Bed .
dsc05233vu8.jpg

:thumright: :thumright: :thumright:

Thanks for posting - certainly looks like fun was had ;)

Cool report, looks like you had a lekker ride.
Just a question, if you were on your own how did you get the pics of yourself? Tripod - timer, or passer-by in a desolate place that he would not get far if he ran off with your camera? ;D ;D

Lekker storie Ox, seems like you getting the "home balance" thing right there.  Well Done!  ;) 

Thanx Ox!  Nice ride you have there, especially with the side stand!

Hope you don't mind, but I had to use that owl sign as my avatar!

Thanks for the report .
Always something new around the next corner......

Nice pix Ox!

Must have just missed you at the Total garage on Saturday, I stopped there just after 8 for coffee on the way to Dewildt! Man the wind was BAD on Saturday!

Nice report and route OX, so please post the GPS route if you can??
O0

funacide said:
Nice report and route OX, so please post the GPS route if you can??
O0

Ditto, ditto on both.  GPS route if you can?   

great exploring ox!

Nice one!

Dont you just love those baby laughs?

Hi Ox

Thanks for the trip report and especially the very nice photies.

Im interested to find out more about the change of the gearing.  Are you going to go smaller back sprocket or bigger front ?.

Thanks

Gr8 Report looks like some lekka tracks  :eek: wow man 444k's now thats what I call range.

Latest posts