Solo to Haenertsburg/magoebaskloof/Mooketsi and back

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

africana

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
I have a gogga in my bonnet - ok my pants since I don't wear bonnets -  about doing this trip on my own... sort of rite of passage. Used to visit this area quite frequently when I was in school in Polokwane then Pietersburg. Want to ride through on Friday afternoon to reach Heanertsburg or thereabouts (I may have a contact for Houtboschdorp that I could ask for camping place) late afternoon, overnight there, ride whole Saturday following memories, again sleep overnight somewhere and return on dirt roads back to Pta. Oom Paul from ZZ2 who amongst other ventures runs their stud Pinzgauers, a client of mine, has long ago offer some sleeping place and I do fancy sleeping in that are somewhere. 

Any suggestions for sleeping, rides, sightseeing apart from the obvious Debegeni falls and Dap Naude dam etc. Would like to go to the Iron Crown berg but not do Legalametsi (spelling? ) solo from what I have heard.

Like to hear from dogs out that way or those who have done this ride before....

Thanks.