Some 250km of local gravel/farmroads in old Western Transvaal districts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Serfie

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Suzuki DR650
Leaving the Big Smoke behind
Black Wattle is taking over!!!
A deserted farm house with the biggest bee nest in it's roof I've ever heard...
Ou grondpadvreter wag geduldig...
Kosmostyd is mooi tyd...
Another deserted Farm house...
Western Transvaal vlaktes...
Rustenburg district...rest to continue

Attachments

• DSC00426.JPG
    DSC00426.JPG
    59.5 KB
  • DSC00439.JPG
    DSC00439.JPG
    120.9 KB
  • DSC00439.JPG
    DSC00439.JPG
    120.9 KB
  • DSC00441.JPG
    DSC00441.JPG
    102.8 KB
  • DSC00445.JPG
    DSC00445.JPG
    113.7 KB
  • DSC00449.JPG
    DSC00449.JPG
    61.1 KB
  • DSC00451.JPG
    DSC00451.JPG
    110 KB
  • DSC00472.JPG
    DSC00472.JPG
    69.1 KB
  • DSC00479.JPG
    DSC00479.JPG
    68.8 KB
  • DSC00495.JPG
    DSC00495.JPG
    106.7 KB
I always wonder what is the story behind every abandoned house I see. How much blood sweat and tears was shed to built a life there and in many cases I suppose even more tears was shed to just leave everything behind.

That's my back yard........ Could do with some rain, hot dry and dusty. Even the weeds are wilting.

That house you have a picture of is in Koesterfontein. It was built but never finished. I think it is stuck in someone's estate which is why it was never lived in and is in limbo like that.

DeepBass9 said:
That's my back yard........ Could do with some rain, hot dry and dusty. Even the weeds are wilting.
Gee S said:
I always wonder what is the story behind every abandoned house I see. How much blood sweat and tears was shed to built a life there and in many cases I suppose even more tears was shed to just leave everything behind.

Daar is actually baie, baie meer sulke vervalle plaasopstalle...is besig om n album met hul foto's saam te stel...dit laat my altyd met some heimwee, om te dink daar "is vandag net krake, stof en onkruid, met net die wind wat fluit...hul go is uit"!

DeepBass9 said:

That house you have a picture of is in Koesterfontein. It was built but never finished. I think it is stuck in someone's estate which is why it was never lived in and is in limbo like that.

Often goes past it.... Some time ago I entered and went up to the first floor, but the sound of those (must have been millions of) bees sent me scurrying away quickly. Must say, from the road it looks not too bad, until one enters...it really just a shell.

Love it, those a banded house and nice quite roads, close to my home town, thanks for the share  :ricky: