Spending some time with Dad

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the_wes

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
Harley Davidson (all models)
Renting a Dakar for the day: R980
Fuel: R100

Riding up the West Coast with your old man: PRICELESS

Durbanville > Yzerfontein > Langebaan > West Coast National Park > Darling > Malmesbury > Wellington

Attachments

• DSC00661.jpg
    DSC00661.jpg
    84.9 KB
  • DSC00664.jpg
    DSC00664.jpg
    89.5 KB
  • DSC00671.jpg
    DSC00671.jpg
    78.6 KB
  • DSC00672.jpg
    DSC00672.jpg
    120.2 KB
  • DSC00673.jpg
    DSC00673.jpg
    122.6 KB
Wish I could do that... Well done mate, good stuff.

Nice jacket Wes...  ;D ;D

BTW, did you rent the ATGATT as well? Price for that if you did?

thanks LR ;)

that gear (the blue assault jacket, red shift gloves and grey VR1 helmet) is actually all my old gear hahahaha

Nice, makes arranging a ride like this a lot easier.

Take him again - keeps the old man smiling! :)

Thats lekker WES

My dads 70th Birthday is this weekend and the family has put together a scrap book of his life. The memories just come flooding back

You are truely blessed to be able to share your passion with your Dad

Plothond said:
You are truely blessed to be able to share your passion with your Dad

I think genetically he gave me the passion. around the time I was born he was racing motorcross, and when I was a laaitie him and my uncle crossed the Richtersveld on a Honda XR500 and XL500 !!

Old geezers can always teach you a thing or two.
Look at Welsh!

Lekka Wes.

shark_za said:
Old geezers can always teach you a thing or two.

Thought I was a hot snooker player until I one day took the old man along to the club and promptly got my ass kicked. I really wish I could do something like this as well, but he is to old to ride now. Should have done it years ago. Well done Wes.

Priceless times and precious moments. Enjoy them.

So when is the oldman getting his own bike?

Ha Ha.

It worked the other way round for me.

I hired a KLR for my son when he came down for a long weekend & we rode all over the Swartland & bits of the Sandveldt.  He has since returned to Cape Town & I bought him a Dakar.  I also bought a F650 for my wife so now there are 3 in the family.  My Dakar has turned out to be an expensive bike but a fantastic expense as it is something we can all do together.

tok-tokkie said:
Ha Ha.

It worked the other way round for me.

I hired a KLR for my son when he came down for a long weekend & we rode all over the Swartland & bits of the Sandveldt.  He has since returned to Cape Town & I bought him a Dakar.  I also bought a F650 for my wife so now there are 3 in the family.  My Dakar has turned out to be an expensive bike but a fantastic expense as it is something we can all do together.

That is so cool!