Sport Shooting thread

Wild Dog Adventure Riding

Help Support Wild Dog Adventure Riding:

Tman21

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Ducati Multistrada / Enduro
So Im doing my first club shoot on Thursdays evening with my newly aqcuired G48. Will give an update of my first experience friday morning  :laughing4:

Thought we can share events, results, tips, tricks and other related here.

Tman21

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Ok so im still waiting for competency so my FA is at Spartan Arms in Edenvale where I made the purchase.

So they have a weekly club shoot on Thursdays (1300-1900) at their indoor range, ill let you know the cost as well as the stage layout as soon as its available (probably by Thursdays morning).

Main reason for making use of Spartan Arms (thank fuck ive received good servi thus far) is due to a good friend of mine that shoots from their club.  He is an SA IPSC shooter and he's showing me the ropes.

skydiver

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda CRF-250L
Good luck Tman.
My club will also be hosting the first club shoot post lockdown, this Saturday.
8 Stages, 162 rounds

Registered today. Cannot wait.

Antonie

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
Sub..
Enjoy Tman

I would love to do something like this one day

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

The TRANSPORTER

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 950 Adventure S
Tman hoe laat gaan jy Donderdag? Miskien pop ek daar in en bekyk die storie...en hoe jou G48 loop... :biggrin: :biggrin:

Tman21

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
The TRANSPORTER said:
Tman hoe laat gaan jy Donderdag? Miskien pop ek daar in en bekyk die storie...en hoe jou G48 loop... :biggrin: :biggrin:

Ek gaan heel moontlik eers so 17:30 daar wees.  So sal erens tussen 18;00-19;00 skiet

Tman21

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Nou dink ek alweer watse kak plan die is maar mens moet seker erens begin!

Bring asb my S15 magesyne saam, dankbaar :ricky:

Tman21

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
So my mate, lets call him Steve (cos his name is steve  :deal:) met with me at the range today as he was in the area.

I have never un-holstered a FA from a holster and or "shoot from the hip"

So, went to just get one or two pointers in terms of safety and what is expected whilst competing at the shoot.

So as this is a journey im embarking on there are things to learn or consider, some of you might be old hands but im also trying to share with others.

So my gear:
eyes/ears (ill still borrow a set this coming week as I want to feel the 3M Tacpro III on my head before I buy)
Daniels EDC belt
Daniels OWB which i found is most comfortable at almost 4o'clock.
Extra mag, to have at least 3 (G48 only has 10rd capacity)
Mag pouch (slimline G48), OWB for 2 magazines in order to do strategic changes and have 30rds on tap.

Gear and setup feels pretty good, the G48 shoots quite easy and nothing feels completely strange or unnatural, now we start to build muscle memory with repetition.

Obviously im still pretty slow to ensure safety and some sort of accuracy and the way its been explained to me is that its better to take an extra second to focus on your shot than miss the target completely and get a 10pt penalty taking your hit factor into consideration.

So first 100 rounds through the Glock and im still happy with my choice, not a single hickup.

So before I emptied 10 shots on the target, I had used it earlier to draw and shoot 2 shots twice.  So 14 holes in total but 10 of them were in one go and none of them less than 5 points.  (7m feels like 20m when your target is roughly 4" in size)

Cant wait for thursday now. :ricky:

Antonie

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
Tman21 said:
So my mate, lets call him Steve (cos his name is steve  :deal:) met with me at the range today as he was in the area.

I have never un-holstered a FA from a holster and or "shoot from the hip"

So, went to just get one or two pointers in terms of safety and what is expected whilst competing at the shoot.

So as this is a journey im embarking on there are things to learn or consider, some of you might be old hands but im also trying to share with others.

So my gear:
eyes/ears (ill still borrow a set this coming week as I want to feel the 3M Tacpro III on my head before I buy)
Daniels EDC belt
Daniels OWB which i found is most comfortable at almost 4o'clock.
Extra mag, to have at least 3 (G48 only has 10rd capacity)
Mag pouch (slimline G48), OWB for 2 magazines in order to do strategic changes and have 30rds on tap.

Gear and setup feels pretty good, the G48 shoots quite easy and nothing feels completely strange or unnatural, now we start to build muscle memory with repetition.

Obviously im still pretty slow to ensure safety and some sort of accuracy and the way its been explained to me is that its better to take an extra second to focus on your shot than miss the target completely and get a 10pt penalty taking your hit factor into consideration.

So first 100 rounds through the Glock and im still happy with my choice, not a single hickup.

So before I emptied 10 shots on the target, I had used it earlier to draw and shoot 2 shots twice.  So 14 holes in total but 10 of them were in one go and none of them less than 5 points.  (7m feels like 20m when your target is roughly 4" in size)

Cant wait for thursday now. :ricky:
Looking good :thumleft:

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

Tman21

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Ok, so a 17 round stage.

2 scoring shots per brown target,
White targets are penalties
1 Popper (Poppers must fall  O0 )

skydiver

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda CRF-250L
Do your mag change whilst moving from section 1 to section 2
Remember...finger off the trigger whilst moving  :deal:

Tman21

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
skydiver said:
Do your mag change whilst moving from section 1 to section 2
Remember...finger off the trigger whilst moving  :deal:

So many rules!  Im gonna take my time and hopefully not cock it up.

So i think im going Anti clocks, use a max of 9 rounds on the RHS leaving 11 for the LHS in case the popper has any objections.

What you say Skydiver?

skydiver

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda CRF-250L
I avoid running anti-clockwise if at all possible as it feels weird to me (maybe has something to do with the fact that I am right-handed)
I will go left section and shoot right bottom target first as it will be the one that becomes visible first as I approach the entrance.
Shoot the brown targets from right to left and the popper last
Drop mag en reload whilst moving to the other section and again shoot from right to left

GRIM

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda CRF-250L
Shoot the left side first if you are right handed, that way you can move quickly and naturally and do the mag change with the barrel pointing downrange on the way to the right.
What is the mag capacity of your gun? If you don't need to do a mag change and can shoot on the move quickly then right to left becomes an option, but I don't think so yet...  ;)

GRIM

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda CRF-250L
Start 10+1 then, and shoot left, reload safely when moving, and then shoot right.
Practice reloading while keeping the muzzle pointed downrange - breaking the 180 with the muzzle is DQ material...

Have fun  :biggrin: