Sproketing: Xpulse 200

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VVTi_X

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
AJS (all models)
Hi all,

I have a Hero Xpulse 200 I use for commuting and it's now at 3500km. My daily commute is 60km return trip mostly on the freeway. The bike has a maximum top speed of 125km/h as indicated on the speedometer but this is around 111km/h on Google maps. While I can pass some cars, I feel it would be more comfortable to reach at least 140km/h.

I've been having thoughts of upgrading to a parallel twin like Vstrom/Versys 650 but due to the low trade in value of the bike, that is financially not viable at this point in time.

Someone technical suggested that I should do sproketing - which is a way of increasing top speed of the bike by altering sprockets. He told me I can get up 140km/h. If that's the case then I won't have to upgrade to something bigger. Is sproketing an answer to my dilemma? Has it been done on an Xpulse? What impact does sproketing have on warranty, safety and reliability? Is it cost effective?