Squatters camp music

Wild Dog Adventure Riding

Help Support Wild Dog Adventure Riding:

Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1150GS Adventure
I stay in a small rural town and there is a squatters camp that plays loud music every weekend that I hear it in my house. We have phoned the cops several times but nothing happens. Any ideas? .308 comes to mind!

Grrrr....

...the Garbage Man
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
I stay in a small rural town and there is a squatters camp that plays loud music every weekend that I hear it in my house. We have phoned the cops several times but nothing happens. Any ideas? .308 comes to mind!
Phoned the police?

Who still does that?

Phoning those incompetent morons is a waste of time and money. But good luck, know the feeling. We had to endure the "music" and gunshots from Joe Slovo when I lived in Milnerton.

Dorsland

Bachelor Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
Jy gaan uithou en uithou en die uiteinde is dit raak erger. Dan trek jy. Reëls, regulasies en wette bestaan nie eintlik meer in dié land nie. Verwyder jouself sovêr moontlik van die stelsel.

Reaction score
Bike
KTM 690 Enduro
Jy gaan uithou en uithou en die uiteinde is dit raak erger. Dan trek jy. Reëls, regulasies en wette bestaan nie eintlik meer in dié land nie. Verwyder jouself sovêr moontlik van die stelsel
All the rules still exist, it’s just the people they apply to that are well on their way to extinction!

Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1150GS Adventure
I am the Chairman of the Neighborhood Watch so I know how useless the police are. The public phones me first and not the cops. No he’ll we cannot allow 1 to terrorize 10! Super frustrating

Chrisl

Teelhond
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
The music for the masses DoefDoefKak!!!
The guy that is my anything drains or piping to drains engineer says in the town he lives it is terrible over weekends. Non stop from friday afternoon to monday mornings 3 oclock.
Find out how to trip the power to that squatters camp. The moment it comes on go trip it again.

Cracker

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 950 Adventure S
Excellent idea ................. if you want to hang from a tree without using your hands or feet.

Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1150GS Adventure
My point, I know stupid but, I pay taxes and they don’t but can carry on like they want to. I have also thought about the electricity thing

Vis Arend

Bachelor Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda CRF-250 Rally
I am the Chairman of the Neighborhood Watch so I know how useless the police are. The public phones me first and not the cops. No he’ll we cannot allow 1 to terrorize 10! Super frustrating
Aren't your neighborhood watch supposed to work hand in hand with the cops? 👀

Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1150GS Adventure
We do but let me put it this way, the public phones me before phoning the cops. Cops are hopelessly understaffed and we all know the enthusiasm they have.
It’s just a very frustrating situation

Vis Arend

Bachelor Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda CRF-250 Rally
We do but let me put it this way, the public phones me before phoning the cops. Cops are hopelessly understaffed and we all know the enthusiasm they have.
It’s just a very frustrating situation
With all respect, as chairman of the Neighborhood Watch the public will phone you, you on the other hand should have the Station Commanders tel no on hand in order to speak to him directly, the SC should then be able to give further instruction on how to handle the current situation.
If no joy report him to higher authority there and then or at your next meeting with them.

Rynet

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
I feel for you Robert, that is not nice. :oops:
You have a few problems here. It seems that the music from the squatter camp has been a way of life for longer than you lived there ? What does your neighbours say?

My handy man (who is a live-in caretaker at a block of flats in Sea Point ) told me last month that he goes to Khayelitsha over weekends to do his welding projects as " White people don't like noise" :ROFLMAO: . It seems in the townships noise is not a problem at all, in fact it is embraced . You just have to listen to the loud ear-piercing music in the taxis to know this is true.

So what you want and what the township want are opposing. so who gets their need met ?

It would be good if the township people are represented in the talks. Maybe talk to one of the local headmen or Gogo and strike up a friendship or relationship of trust and see if you can negotiate quieter times and quieter music. Maybe make it worth their while in some way.

Or try Mediation. Try see if they can understand that it is bothering you.

I cannot imagine the police will get involved in something " minor" to them like music. They may even live in the township themselves.

If all else fails, maybe play chanting music in your house or other restful music to relax you and cut out the noise. ( google chanting, there are lots of free videos) Here is one :

Good luck !