Starter Bike (beginner)

Reaction score
Bike
AJS (all models)
Hi Guys, looking for some advice on where to start. Really interested in an enduro bike... so advice will be appreciated! What bike brand? What year model? What price? And why? Remember beginner... oh and what not to buy! Level of experience is Zero! I have my license and that’s about it!!!

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chopperpilot

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
Grunder said:
Hi.

Get a 1200gs.

I hear those bikes can do everything [emoji6]
Dreaming! [emoji42][emoji42][emoji42][emoji38]

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

DR BIG 750

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Suzuki DR 750S Big
Crf 230, TTR 230 250( more scarce) easy to ride, if you get more serious and want to upgrade easy sale and should get your money maybe even a small profit, then look at enduro/ adv bikes,  or fuck it just dive in and get a 500 2smoke, and you'll be cured one way or another :laughing4:

katana

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
AJS (all models)
There is a XR 400 coming up for sale soon.  Kickstart only, but a good starter.  I will pm you the owner details.

Reaction score
Bike
BMW (all models)
If you're keen on enduro and more off road driving I recommend starting off on something smaller, depending on your size it could be a 250 e.g Honda XR, Yamaha XT,  or Suzuki Dr. I learnt on an XR250 before upgrading to my G650GS, which is fairly small still, but then I'm quite a slim guy. If you're taller a 400 or 600 XR or 650KLR or or similar could also be great to start on. Basically I'd start one or two sizes smaller (and cheaper) than what you eventually want to ride, learn on that and gain confidence before upgrading.
Have fun and stay safe.

Inus660

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha XT 660 Z
Hi Guys, looking for some advice on where to start. Really interested in an enduro bike... so advice will be appreciated! What bike brand? What year model? What price? And why? Remember beginner... oh and what not to buy! Level of experience is Zero! I have my license and that’s about it!!!

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So what did you end up buying?