Stealing a Landcruiser is this real?

Wild Dog Adventure Riding

Help Support Wild Dog Adventure Riding:

bg

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda CRF-250L
First listen to audio then watch video. I don't own a new Landcruiser so can't comment on the technology.

What has happened to me is driving off with the keyless remote with some one else, after dropping them off, and then realising you cant start the car after you've stopped.

Is this real or fake?

View attachment Toyota.ogg
View attachment toyota boost.mp4

GeenSand

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
It can happen. The thiefs use a transmitting device. One follows you into the shops/mall ect and other stays at the car. One at the car tries to open using keyless entry. The device transmits the vehicles "open" reponse via the device to you. The key responds with the security code. Device transmits it to the car and it opens. They code a new key off they go with your car. Keyless entry is nice for you and thiefs.

bg

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda CRF-250L
It can happen. The thiefs use a transmitting device. One follows you into the shops/mall ect and other stays at the car. One at the car tries to open using keyless entry. The device transmits the vehicles "open" reponse via the device to you. The key responds with the security code. Device transmits it to the car and it opens. They code a new key off they go with your car. Keyless entry is nice for you and thiefs.
Toyota must be happy, what an innovative way to generate more sales.

Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
in theory the immobilizer will kick in when comms are lost between the car/reading coil and the key , or is this not correct

GeenSand

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
@Knucklhead/knuckey
It does. But they use a transmitter and reciever device that brings the key "back" in range. That fools the car to think the key is back in the car.

BikerJan

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
in theory the immobilizer will kick in when comms are lost between the car/reading coil and the key , or is this not correct
I had a 2016 Land Cruiser 200, once the car is started, you can drive away without the key, the immobilizer will not stop the engine. You will not be able to start it again once it is switched off.

Welsh

Grumpy Mutt
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1150GS
I had a 2016 Land Cruiser 200, once the car is started, you can drive away without the key, the immobilizer will not stop the engine. You will not be able to start it again once it is switched off.
That is how I understood it, a few guys left stranded when they dropped their wives off and she had the keys in her bag. 🙄

TheBear

Gentleman Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
That is how I understood it, a few guys left stranded when they dropped their wives off and she had the keys in her bag. 🙄
I wonder how? Our Fortuner (and our previous Kuga) sounds loud warnings and flash a warning on the dash if you even just start it with the FOB not inside the car.

Welsh

Grumpy Mutt
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1150GS
I guess different generations of the system catered for/ eliminated some of the idiot factors.

TheBear

Gentleman Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
Ok didn’t know that.
Obviously I can't speak for all cars, so I suppose it could happen with some, but like I said, to drive off without the FOB in the car in both the Kuga and Fortuner would require a legally blind and stone deaf driver. 😜

MegaPix

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Zero (all models)
The Volvo XC60 will make an alarm to say the key is not close. But i have driven away, stopped it and then can't start it

LoopSoosStroop

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda CRF-250 Rally
Safety issue: cannot have the car stop while you are overtaking another car at 130 kmph. So it will probably shout at you with a beeper, but not turn off.

m0lt3n

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
you guys talking as if the stealer mind a little beeping warning on the dash....