Steering Dampers.... The good, the bad, the ugly?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stoetbul

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1190 Adventure
Seeing that there are so many vastly different opinions on them may I ask for input and advice here?
I am a firm believer in them, since my superbike days when I was able to afford my own bike I have been using them. It has saved my ass to many a time to not have it on my bike.
They come at a steep price but like my dad allways asks:" What premium do you put on your life? Buy the best that you can afford."
To me it's about the confidence it gives me when the going gets tough, and I am no Coma or Despres. It helps tremendously in allmost all riding conditions bar slow speed sand rinding where you tend to fight against it rather than it working for you.
Most dampers you can "switch" of for this purpose so it's not really an issue. Yes it is a lot of many initially but the advantage's of having it outweighs the cost by far.(my own opinion)
I would like to hear for like minded thinkers and those that don't believe in them and why?
I see allmost every bike on the Roof has 1, so can so many riders be wrong?

Latest posts