Swazi-Cut Short

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slick

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 690 Adventure
The plan- Ride gravel to Swaziland and fool around for a day or two and return via gravel.
Shortly after hitting the dirt near Bronkies we (George and myself) came across a lone 990 who decided to hook up with us to Dullstroom for lunch.
DSC04666.jpg

Not 10km down the road the 990 got a front puncture (pin hole).
DSC04668.jpg

Lesson learnt-tyre pressure too hard, 2bar+and no â??amisealâ?. George the puncture master gave us a lesson in tube replacement- pity about the tyre weld that glued his entire tool bag together by discharging along the way.
DSC04667.jpg

On the way again and good riding to Dullstroom for lunch. We cut across to the N4 and shortly before Waterfal Boven my fuel pump seized.
DSC04671.jpg

Again George to the rescue, but the pump was too shot to get going.
DSC04670.jpg

We eventually hot wired a new pump from the local â??shell Garageâ?-this was not ideal for a trip into the unknown and we decided to rather head home.
DSC04674.jpg

Thanks to plothond, SGB and Lostdog for info on the side of the road, Jaco from ktm Nelspruit was also very willing- I believe this is a common problem with the 950â??s â?? crazy place to put the pump.
Soecial thanks to george for getting me home, Lesson no2- Choose your riding buddies wisely. Nonetheless, a good days riding.
DSC04675.jpg

At least Funacide had his go with a suitable crowd of Hecklers and Critics standing around, you clearly did not have a big enough crowd ;D ;D ;D

Sorry to hear the trip was cut short. Is that a Rock on the back of the civi box bracket ? By the way register the patent for the KTM after market fuel pump and sell it to KTM. At least you could make a plan. When my BM stops it stay. Can't fix it at all.

bushclown said:
Sorry to hear :-[

But got to love your counter balance
DSC04668.jpg

And I thought that it was a bag of biltong  >:D

Sorry to hear about your problem Slick - a bit far away in wakkerstroom with no spare to help
Thanks to SGB who offered to help me to help Slick  ;D

Trust you had a good ride for the first part anyhow - tough about the rest

Pity you had to make a U-turn.  Good to see you were able to make a plan on the side of the road, well done!  With a 950 front wheel on the 990 and a 990 fuel pump on the 950, you would have had no hassles!  ;)