SWM motorcycles.. ?

Wild Dog Adventure Riding

Help Support Wild Dog Adventure Riding:

wobble07

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1190 Adventure
Took my 500 for its first taste of some single tracks. Reminded me of of KTM 500. I softened up the suspension settings and really took it easy as I am still old school in my belief to properly "run in" the bike. Even though it is restricted I can promise you guys there is enough power on tap! It also sounds great with the standard pipes. I had one hot start issue when stalling, but the answer is simple. Switch off the ignition, switch on again, wait for the fuel pump and ECU to do its thing and then only push start. I believe WBC sold the 500's at a wrong price as they were marked same as the 300's.

In short - These bikes are way better than the prices they were sold for. Great trial/cross country bike with an appetite for mild enduro! The local SWM agents are also eager with advice and gave me more confidence in the brand!

Vilaishima

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Suzuki DR-Z 400
Took my 500 for its first taste of some single tracks. Reminded me of of KTM 500. I softened up the suspension settings and really took it easy as I am still old school in my belief to properly "run in" the bike. Even though it is restricted I can promise you guys there is enough power on tap! It also sounds great with the standard pipes. I had one hot start issue when stalling, but the answer is simple. Switch off the ignition, switch on again, wait for the fuel pump and ECU to do its thing and then only push start. I believe WBC sold the 500's at a wrong price as they were marked same as the 300's.

In short - These bikes are way better than the prices they were sold for. Great trial/cross country bike with an appetite for mild enduro! The local SWM agents are also eager with advice and gave me more confidence in the brand!
I must admit the stock pipes on the 300 also sound great!
I have had a hot start issue but once you pull the hot start lever (it says Choke) on the EFI it starts instantly.

New there is a R10k difference between the 300 and the 500. I assume they got them for the same price hence the same selling price. I believe they had no idea what they were and did not do much research before selling. When we went to collect my colleagues 500, two of the employees, one I believe to be the manager spoke to us and the one responded with "Same as the Big Boy bikes, the bikes present very well." Not badmouthing Big Boy in any way but the only similarity between these two is the fact that both have 2 wheels, a seat and handlebars.

I still wonder where exactly the bikes came from. Does anyone have any idea? The Gauteng SWM guys still seem to be operating in Benoni.

Reaction score
Bike
Kawasaki KLR 650
With some luck I have managed to secure the last 650X :).
I had spoken to Kyle who works for SWM SA , I think from Benoni -story is they moved the older stock to WeBuyCars ,as they were slow to sell , also to create some brand awareness.
They will continue with the brand , but import smaller quantities to order .
They will carry spares for our bikes.
Servicing can be carried out by any reputable bike shop.

I will have panniers made up for my bike if anybody is interested .
SWM weekend sometime?

Jacobsroodt

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1090 Adventure R
In addition to this thread I started a Whatsapp SWM owners group to share info on our bikes. Send me your info and I can add you to the group.

Reaction score
Bike
Kawasaki KLR 650
In addition to this thread I started a Whatsapp SWM owners group to share info on our bikes. Send me your info and I can add you to the group.
Great idea , it's Bernd 0741 007 292 , situated in Greytown , KZN

GeenSand

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
I see some more on WBC.... 300's and 650's.. for those that missed out..

Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha T7
55k for the 300, minus VAT 47826, minus shipping and ADV maybe 41k cost, and the importer makes something on that??

My maths not working, but think they are a really a good price if anybody wants

Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
Day two of owning the 650 and feels much more comfortable. I adjusted the back and front shocks back to factory and it made a huge difference. Also took the airbox cover off to confirm it is a husky610 filter. Which should make servicing so much easier. I must say the the sump pug is probably in the worst place in that it pisses over the exhaust and center stand when draining.....
Hi,have you managed to register the bike in your name on Natis?

caconcepts

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
No reg on my side either. Like I said on the group, I slapped my GS number plate on there and ride around happily. Yesterday I got stopped by EMPD and produced a GS disk on my AT........nothing wrong with that, they simply look at the date......:ROFLMAO:
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: