T7 Upgrade Time – Ready to Roll!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
BMW (all models)
Hey fellow adventurers!

I'm itching to upgrade a few things on my new boney before the next big ride. Looking for some seasoned opinions here!

Tyres:
Currently, I'm rolling on Bridgestone AX41s with my GSA, which has been tubeless heaven. But now, I'm facing the reality of tubes again with the T7! It's been a while—like, since primary school—since I dealt with tubes, so I’m feeling a bit nostalgic (and maybe slightly apprehensive).

From what I’ve researched, it looks like either the Bridgestones or the Metzeler Karoo 4s should do the trick. What do you think? Anyone here running these?

Two-Finger Clutch and Brake:
Wild at Heart levers are my go-to on the GSA, and I absolutely love them. They’re as smooth as butter. I'm thinking of putting the same on the T7. Anyone else swearing by these, or should I look at other options?

Bash Plate:
So, here’s a fun one. I ordered a bash plate from Motorradical, only to realize after it arrived that it’s for the wrong year model—facepalm. If they don't want it back, looks like I'll have a shiny new bash plate up for grabs soon!

Headlight Protector and Brake Extender:
Already checked off the list! Got these done and dusted.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts! What’s worked for you, and what’s been a flop? Share your wisdom, and help me get this boney battle-ready!

Cheers!

Last edited: