The 40 (not so naughty) BEN10 scooter story...completed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grunder

Auburn Grey Hound
WD Supporter
Reaction score
Bike
Suzuki DR650
So, some background.

A year or so ago I told my wife I want a big bike whoohah for my 40th. I told her I want to go one one of Hardy's Namibian adventures. She actually agreed at the time (although I did not tell her the cost; easier to apologise than ask for permission - one of the rules by which I live my life :biggrin:)

Fast forward to the end of 2021 we buy a house and I realise, the mature adult that I am, Namibia at this point is a pipe dream. NEW DREAM!
One night I buy some wine (for my wife as I don't drink, but I don't have to be the one drinking to do the convincing anyway ;)) and pitch the idea of another trip.

"Maar jy het mos nou klaar gesê ek mag op'n trip gaan. Ek het 'n idee wat nie te duur gaan uitwerk nie" ;)

The short and the long of it all....the wine worked :headbang:

Fast forward to Jan 2022. The planning needs to start. Wanting to ask questions on best routes and equipment and eventually doing a ride report I thought it best to start the planning in the "Ride report"-section. Mods, I apologise ;)

Ok, hold on to your hats. Here we go!

If you want to skip the prep-work and go straight to the RR, page 8, post #150 (y)

Last edited: