The air fryer thread..

Wild Dog Adventure Riding

Help Support Wild Dog Adventure Riding:

Vis Arend

Bachelor Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda CRF-250 Rally
sooooooo has anyone found out the differences between an air fryer and a hurricane air fryer ( those glass bowl jobbies ) ?
The glass jobby one can cook larger amounts of food at one time than the smaller counter top air fryers, other than that I don't really think there is a fast difference. I personally prefer to do my chicken, pork chops and lamb chops in the glass oven, chips and sweet potato chips in the air fryer.

TheBear

Gentleman Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
I really need to get me a bottle of that. Cannot find it here in PE
Suppliers are pretty scarce. I am fortunate. The Swambo was in Stellenbosch and visited Banhoek, so she brought me a gift set of three different flavours. It is not particularly hot, but of you enjoy the chilli flavour, well worth using.

You can try:

Gourmet Gecko Fine Foods in Newton Park or Walmer
Ray's House of Biltong in Sunridge Park or Summer Strand.

Wayne

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
Triumph (all models)
Suppliers are pretty scarce. I am fortunate. The Swambo was in Stellenbosch and visited Banhoek, so she brought me a gift set of three different flavours. It is not particularly hot, but of you enjoy the chilli flavour, well worth using.

You can try:

Gourmet Gecko Fine Foods in Newton Park or Walmer
Ray's House of Biltong in Sunridge Park or Summer Strand.
Thank you. Will definitely look for it

mox

Race Dog
WD Supporter
Reaction score
Bike
Kawasaki KLR 650
The glass jobby one can cook larger amounts of food at one time than the smaller counter top air fryers, other than that I don't really think there is a fast difference. I personally prefer to do my chicken, pork chops and lamb chops in the glass oven, chips and sweet potato chips in the air fryer.

👆 and they are halogen lamp heated unlike conventional air fryers that use an element.
If you are veggie inclined the glass jobbie will handle those as well as the meat.

Wayne

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
Triumph (all models)
Going to try a different method tonight. It came up in the Phillips app and I did a bit of Googling.
Peel the potatoes, put them in cold water for at least 30min. This draws some starch out. Pat dry, toss them in a little oil and air fry them. Apparently crisp on the outside and soft on the inside
Forgot to mention that the wedges get soaked in cold water

punisher

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
well that seals it then .......... i dont need an airfryer then :)

Vis Arend

Bachelor Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda CRF-250 Rally
Can't comment on the 22L oven jobbie, but the Milex Vortex air fryer is much loved in our home.
Now that's the one I am looking for, specifically for the rotisserie and the little round basket and obviously the 3 racks, 2 perforated and one drip tray. I can see why it is loved in your home. (y)

Any black Friday special perhaps? :unsure:

Vis Arend

Bachelor Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda CRF-250 Rally
Vriend het een met rotisserie maar sê hy het hom nog nooit gebruik nie. So gaan dalk die gewone een koop. Kyk op Lootsa hy is nou R2024, goedkoopste wat ek kon kry.
Dankbaar, maar ek soek spesifiek die een met die ronde mandtjie en die rosterie. Daai prys by Clicks is egter spot goedkoop vir die 22l, maar dis nie die een wat ek soek nie. (y)