The Boobie bikers do Mozambique - Alone

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R

Red

The name was proposed by our neigbours in Bilene.  According to them we were definately not the "Hairy Bikers" of the Cooking Show fame.

Cave Girl and I left for Moz on Friday.  We slept over in Middelburg and made for the border early on Saturday morning.

We arrived at Kmati at 10:30.  Fortunately a colleague gave me a name of a character who could help us on the Moz side.  He is Ivo and well known in the diving circles.  If it was not for Ivo we would still be at the border post.
I was so hot I could feel the sweat dripping down my back from my pony tail.  We were in Maputo at 12:00 and hit Saturday peak hour.  Moz taxis are way worse that Johannesburg taxis.

We arrived in Bilene around 16:00 and battled to pitch tent in the heat, settle down, have a shower and get something to drink.

Sitting on the restaurant veranda made the trip worthwhile.  What a beautiful spot.

We went to Xai-Xai the next day.  Even more beautiful if it is possible.

P1020495.jpg

Cave Girl eating oysters in Xai-Xai.

P1020499.jpg

We went back and our helper, Pascal, was waiting with our bag of prawns. 

Pascal busy cooking.

P1020505.jpg

Our dinner.

P1020508.jpg

The bikes in their natural habitat.

P1020487.jpg

We had a great trip.  We never felt unsafe.  We only stopped at garages and in areas where there were other South Africans.  We walked around freely in Bilene.

The Police and traffic cops did not have an idea what to do with us.  :) :)  When they saw that we were girls, they waved us through.  We went through at least 10 road blocks and we had no problems.  All the Moz people were friendly.  Both me and Cave Girl dropped our bikes and within seconds there were several people helping us. 

I'm going back again.  Soon.  Next week.

Short and sweet!

Well done to both of you! :cool:

Now where is the "off" pics? :twisted:

Well done WD's or should I say "ladies" excellent,  maybe next time we will have a "longer" RR with more pics ? Good stuff  ;)

Keith, agree regarding the pics, could forgive them if it included biker chicks in skimpy bikini's but no sign of that either!  >:D >:D

Stephan said:
Keith, agree regarding the pics, could forgive them if it included biker chicks in skimpy bikini's but no sign of that either!  >:D >:D

Do we men have to do everything?  :rolleyes: :lol:

Nice one Red, you have been keeping a low profile ??

Welsh  8) 8) 

Cool!

Mrs. TR feels like she's being targeted... First we read about Mrs. TokTokkie's ride and now this...

Sy moet haar gat in rat kry... ::) ;D

Welsh said:

Welsh  8) 8) 

I have been on a forced sabbatical for 3 months and then I had to take it slow and steady for another three.  All of that is now over, so no more low profile.  ;D ;D ;D

This little trip is just the first of many......

Red said:
Welsh said:

Welsh  8) 8) 

I have been on a forced sabbatical for 3 months and then I had to take it slow and steady for another three.  All of that is now over, so no more low profile.   ;D ;D ;D

This little trip is just the first of many......

Nice one Red... may the best of luck be with you

Nice one girls, maar moenie ons weer so laat skrik nie asseblief.

Sisters are doing it for themselves!

Well done the two of you, much impressed.

WELL DONE LADIES,,,,,WOOO HOOOO,,,ALL THOSE OUYSTERS AND PRAWNS AND GALLONS OF CERVEJAS,,,,,WISH I WAS THERE,,,,,
BUT IM GOING AFTER XMAS,,,,MUITE BEM

Well done Red and CG - or should I say Thelma and Louise ?? ;D

H

Nooit! Those pics of the prawns are driving me crazy! Lunch is only in an hour's time...

Well done ladies!