The Crypto Currency thread

Wild Dog Adventure Riding

Help Support Wild Dog Adventure Riding:

LouisXander

Bachelor Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 950 Adventure
🤣 It's because there's no action here currently man.

It'll get back, don't you worry.

LouisXander

Bachelor Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 950 Adventure
That's mos the line all the big investment companies punt.

Wait,

It takes time

Etc etc so they could chow your money in the short term 😂🤣

tok-tokkie

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha TW200
Sunday message from me to Luno:
Hi,
When I now try to log in I get the message that there is no account registered for *******.co.za
Have I been de-registered? If so why? If not how do I log in?
R

Monday reply from Luno:
Hi **
Thank you for reaching out to us.
The decision has been made to permanently close your account. This decision is final and irreversible.
Therefore, we kindly ask that you don't attempt to open another Luno account. Our account closure process and how we return funds is set out in full in our Terms of Use.
Thank you.
Kind Regards,
Ben
Luno Customer Success Team

Tuesday my response:
Hi Customer Success,
The decision is final and irreversible. So be it.
I checked the Terms of Use: I am eligible. My account has been inactive, but there was no actual cash in it so the Inactivity clause should not be applicable. The #18 Termination clause should not apply because I have done nothing illegal. Anyway Luno did not make any reasonable effort to give me notice of its intention to terminate my account.
So I wonder why?
All I have done is use Luno to convert ZAR into BTC which I then moved to my Ledger where I am hodling it. What wrong with that?
So I wonder why?
R

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F800GS
I'm almost sure thats a scam don't give them any details etc, my luno account has been inactive for a few years now

EtienneNXR

Bachelor Dog
WD Supporter
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
Sunday message from me to Luno:
Hi,
When I now try to log in I get the message that there is no account registered for *******.co.za
Have I been de-registered? If so why? If not how do I log in?
R

Monday reply from Luno:
Hi **
Thank you for reaching out to us.
The decision has been made to permanently close your account. This decision is final and irreversible.
Therefore, we kindly ask that you don't attempt to open another Luno account. Our account closure process and how we return funds is set out in full in our Terms of Use.
Thank you.
Kind Regards,
Ben
Luno Customer Success Team

Tuesday my response:
Hi Customer Success,
The decision is final and irreversible. So be it.
I checked the Terms of Use: I am eligible. My account has been inactive, but there was no actual cash in it so the Inactivity clause should not be applicable. The #18 Termination clause should not apply because I have done nothing illegal. Anyway Luno did not make any reasonable effort to give me notice of its intention to terminate my account.
So I wonder why?
All I have done is use Luno to convert ZAR into BTC which I then moved to my Ledger where I am hodling it. What wrong with that?
So I wonder why?
R

I also had a strange interaction with luno recently. I use them to do a DCA buy once a week, but I’ve been out of SA for a year now and then I received this.

4228CAE6-CDCD-4008-960F-6557E8650F84.jpeg
CD4EBB0F-CCE0-4C1F-9CF7-34D63E02E80F.jpeg

Turns out they must’ve flagged my IP for not logging in from SA for a long time - and I had to submit documents and have a few Back n forth exchanges to prove that I’m buying on luno with income generated in SA. They were understanding and kept the account open however after the Celsius collapse and getting this message it prompted me to finally get a ledger and keep everything in there rather.

EToro closed my account earlier this year although I have strong verification and trading history with them, they’re not allowed to operate in USA and weren’t understanding to the fact that I’m still an SA citizen using ZAR, they gave me 2 weeks to move my assets out and then closed up on me.

WeeStrom

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Suzuki DL 650 V-Strom
I believe the latest US CPI numbers are being announced at 14:30. Price action could get lively...

WeeStrom

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Suzuki DL 650 V-Strom
Solana pumped 4.5% at 14:29 and then dumped 8% in 1min flat when the numbers came out.
Francis Hunt has a grim outlook for solana and recons it could eventually tank to sub $4. I bought some Sol on Tuesday and used it as collateral to open a short position on deribit. So far so good. $4 is still a loooong way down...