The dusttrails of Rovis(RovRat and chrisL)(Finally Finished!)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chrisl

Teelhond
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
Ive been wanting to go to Namibia since April but could not get away. I wanted to see Namibia green for a change. If I went in April I might have needed a jetski to travel in some parts of the country!! Saterday the 29th of August it was then. RovRat would pull away from his home in Hermanus(260km to meetingpoint) and I from Stillbay(140km to meetingpoint) I was a bit slow getting up the next morning and before I knew it I was late!
P1020024.jpg

All packed and ready to leave and 5 minutes before it was lying on its side!! Left the bike idleing on the sidestand while fetched one of the panniers. Just heard a thudsound and no bike idleing. It was standing at a slight angle and the half a Beetle engine rocked itself
forward and fell to the left. MissesL dressed in "pajamas and pantoffels" had to come and help pick up!! Few choice words were uttered by her, none of which Im able to spell. Something about a heavy bike!! Not a good start of the day!
P1020025.jpg

I was late and I hate it when people wait for me. Quick fillup in  Riversdale and even stopped to take this pic just after Garcia Pass.
P1020026.jpg

RovRat only waited 5 minutes for me!! We rode through to Laingsburg, had a bite to eat and took the road to MoordenaarsKaroo
for 9 kms before we turned left towards the Sutherland-Matjiesfonteintarroad. RovRat wanted to do the pass before Sutherland.
P1020027.jpg

Its just after winter but it looks dry here.
P1020028.jpg

Joining the tarroad to Sutherland.
P1020029.jpg

We met GrysAlp and his friend Piet at the fillingstation in Sutherland. They deciced to join us.
Next stop Middelpos. No next stop was my flat tyre(back). Hit a rock(looking around too much)!
It was a long cut and I had to put two plugs in. This puncture nipped me badly in the butt later on in the trip.
P1020030.jpg

P1020031.jpg

Top of GanagaPass. RovRat went down to ride it. Sounded more like he was playing!!
P1020033.jpg

GrysAlp and Piet. They went to Calvinia that night and us to a friend of mine that farms 32 kms before Calvinia.
P1020035.jpg

P1020036.jpg

We had to go back a bit to Middelpos to get onto the Rooiwalroad. There is 3 roads from Middelpos to my friends farm and I have not done this one. I loved every kilometer of it.
P1020037.jpg

P1020038.jpg

P1020039.jpg

We got to the farm at 6. We had the traditional deadsheep on hot coals and talked untill the early morninghours.

Rest will follow later tonight...