The Good Food & Braai Thread

Chrisl

Teelhond
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
My wife makes an awesome oxtail or lamb neck in the drukpot. Not sure how but there is some cooking without the lid and I presume the pressure is used to shorten cooking time and get the meat falling from the bones.
My roommate uses a pressure cooker a lot. Lambshank stunning that comes out of it.

Mev Vis Arend

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda CRF-250L
That might be my problem.

My brother and most of the other family uses them and they swear by them, me not so much. Look, it's not bad, but I prefers the long and slow process. 👍
Ja, want hy praat met sy potte 😂

Certainly - and I am the ultimate skeptic, and my wife dislikes the DrukPot as well, but I want to see its capabilities and limitations more than anything - hell, I work from home, with a little planning I can cook all day! :ROFLMAO:

I wonder - maybe a pot Roast might be something to try...

Oh - the other problem with this thread - those beans that @Vis Arend posted further up...... Jurre, now I have Tuesdays dinner sorted... Cheers!!
Ek haat 'n stoompot en dis nie asof ek met die ding moet kook nie, maar dit voel vir my soos 'n tydbom in die huis. Toe Louis nog die ou manual een gebruik het, het ek seker gemaak ek het goed in die huis om te doen. Ek het op 'n stadium die gewiggie weggesteek en "kon hom net nie kry nie".... totdat hy 'n ander pot wou gaan koop! Gelukkig het ons darem nou 'n fancy elektriese bedryf. Nou voel dit darem net soos 'n klein bommetjie in die huis.

RobC

Not a bachelor.
Reaction score
Bike
Kawasaki KLR 650
Stoompot sal ek net buite in die agterplaas gebruik... wil nie he die kombuis of lapa moet so lyk nie...

Attachments

• cooker.jpg
    cooker.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 0

petri oosthuizen

Race Dog
WD Supporter
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha XT 600 Z
Trout in the Weber last night.
VERY low heat, I cooked it 20 minutes each side
Only coarse salt, black pepper and a couple slices of lemon in its tummy
PS - Spray the grille/grid liberally with Spray and Cook, so that you can turn the fish without breaking it.
Fish should be so cooked that you remove the head/tail/skin in one go.

Attachments

• trout1.jpg
    trout1.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 0

Vintage_Mania

Bikeless
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Am I just weird or do other people also enjoy potato salad sandwiches? With some raw red onion and even some extra German mustard, oh oh oh and if there are slices of gammon or pieces of smoked chicken left over that potato salad sandwich becomes Sunday afternoon lunch.

Latest posts