The Gourmet Ride – Cut 1

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Misty

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F650GS / Dakar
Our very own resident Jamie Oliver wannabee ;) , Beemer Man, was the inspiration behind the first Gourmet Ride – great people, food and location – and plenty of red wine of course!

8 of us, Mr & Mrs Beemer Man, Mr & Mrs bmad, Mr & Mrs RTR and us, met on Saturday for a one nighter at Basotho Cultural Village Rest Camp - Golden Gate - https://www.places.co.za/html/12227.html - a really nice spot with a view.

eSKaPe and myself rode via Reitz, we had a date with a cappuccino before arriving in Golden Gate  ;D

We set up kitchen and the festivities were on the way for a three course meal:
- Chorizos & Fresh Bread
- Steak Fillet with Gary’s 3 Day Potatoes and Blue Cheese Salad
- Crunchy Ginger Biscuits soaked in Fig and Ginger Preserve served with Brie and Camembert

:drif:  :drif:  :drif:

The next morning we topped it off with breakfast at Clarens and then tarred it home. Thanks BM & all, it was great!!  :thumleft:

Ok… so who’s the nominated chef for Cut 2??  :mwink:

NewFolder.jpg

NewFolder1.jpg

NewFolder2.jpg

NewFolder3.jpg

NewFolder4.jpg

Thanks to one and all,it was great, also the first away trip with My Missus on the back, she absolutely loved it, and has asked to do more. :biggrin:

Eish, and I didnt bring a lunch today.......

Beemer Man said:
Thanks to one and all,it was great, also the first away trip with My Missus on the back, she absolutely loved it, and has asked to do more. :biggrin:

Was great fun, good to see all the peeps again and to get out for a one nighter - glad Mrs BM enjoyed it and so we hope that was the first of many more.

Geez BeemerMan can really rustle up a meal of note with just the bare essentials!

Thats the one - best place in Reitz - we got there after 1pm and they were closing but made us the coffee anyway

Nice-one  :thumleft: BM. Can we book you as the cook for my next away ride--all expenses paid ::)

Thanks for posting Misty  :thumleft:

Was a really nice break and the company and food was great. That red wine was awesome  :biggrin: :biggrin:

Looking forward to the next one :mwink:

Gee did I miss something was there a back up vehicle for the gourmet chef... :mwink: :mwink:

That cappucino looks divine but I will definitely be in for all that red wine for the evening.... >:D >:D

Lekka ride .... :thumleft:

Had to be a back up vehicle for all the red wine (and food) but the chef was on 2 wheels

Hey hey you cant divulge all the secrets of the trade now eSKaPe  ;)

@ Sandy - 2 minute noodles ?!  ::) sorry no, you'll have to be a little more creative than that to qualify  :D

Remember SM travels light!!! Not even a camera so there wont be a RR

... and no food... :peepwall: (not too worry, I always have a camera)  :D