the Groot marico -for -no-apparent-reason ride

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laurika

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha XT660
over pizzas we planned a jaunt...

Attachments

• groot marico ludwig.jpg
    groot marico ludwig.jpg
    130.8 KB
  • groot marico ludwig1.jpg
    groot marico ludwig1.jpg
    131.2 KB
  • groot marico ludwig2.jpg
    groot marico ludwig2.jpg
    137.1 KB
  • groot marico ludwig3.jpg
    groot marico ludwig3.jpg
    126 KB
  • groot marico ludwig4.jpg
    groot marico ludwig4.jpg
    118.3 KB
  • groot marico ludwig5.jpg
    groot marico ludwig5.jpg
    132.1 KB
sunday morning coming down...

Attachments

• groot marico ludwig6.jpg
    groot marico ludwig6.jpg
    160.6 KB
  • groot marico ludwig7.jpg
    groot marico ludwig7.jpg
    80.7 KB
Great report - almost making Groot Marico a late breakfast ride. In summer, mud can get one!

Splash said:
Great report - almost making Groot Marico a late breakfast ride. In summer, mud can get one!
yes, summer is a tricksy one...the slate becomes really slippery ...at least it does not become snot like feshfesh does when it rains....easily doable for a dayride I think...

really great i love the way the phot,s where put together the meat also looked great    nearly forgot great RR

Thanks L. I assume you came into town from the south? Very nice road, in fact, all the way from Koster, the road is great.

Vaalseun said:
Thanks L. I assume you came into town from the south? Very nice road, in fact, all the way from Koster, the road is great.
yes, we came in south , through the reserve,took the rollercoaster to the guestfarm....on sunday we left out north...first with the tar route along the dam, (on the alt dirt route you cant see the dam so well and I love the green plantations) the route horshoe around the dam, we took Pella road...I got a bit bored and took a swing on a dirt road to the right....it met up with the Platinum highway outside zeerust...after zeerust we travelled a bit...and took another dirt connection through to olifants neck....after a beer...took the Konka/boons dirt through to magalies...and then dashed home, as it was getting dark. nothing too technical...very dusty...but very bosveld looking.....loved it.

Yet another nice RR! I have so many places to see and roads to ride...

Thank you!  :thumleft:

yes, one must make at least one weekend a month, a riding weekend....and systematically you work through your to-do list...if I look at the amount of time I use to waste gardening, cooking, cleaning and shopping....I am really cross with myself that I did not ride my bike from birth....I would have been invincible... :imaposer: