The Honeymoon Ride: Mauritius on a scooter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice! Very nice

thanks for posting. looks like an awesome place to ride

will there be a honeymoon baby? No pressure, just asking  ;D ;D ;)

Eish nou's ek lus om weer te gaan. Was ook op heuningmaan Mauritius toe. Baie lekker sal graag weer wil gaan.

Ons was op die weskus en het by ene Paris se hotel gebly sy was ongelukkig nie daar nie :(

Seeing that this is honeymoon photos, how about one photo of the wedding couple on the wedding day ?

Awesome post though!

Very cool to do something for the honeymoon that you will enjoy and talk about/relive for years to come.

Btw - I haven't been at it that long, but after just over 9 years of marriage I can tell you that (given the right partner) things keep on getting better.

Afrikaans Hijack alert:

Ek het toe ek getrou het 'n nuwe woord uitgedink - 'n neulogisme as jy wil:

Geluk binne die huwelik: Huwelukkig.

Mag julle huwelukkig wees vir baie en baie jare - en as julle altwee 90 is en nie noodwendig mekaar met die 'scaffolding'  (looprame) kaal in die huis wil/kan rondjaag nie, nog steeds beste pelle wees.

Congrats! Looks like you guys were in paradise.

Eisbein said:
Afrikaans Hijack alert:

Ek het dit gehoor as "huwelikin" of "huwelikuit".  ;D ;D ;D

masehare said:
Congrats! Looks like you guys were in paradise.

Eisbein said:
Afrikaans Hijack alert:

Ek het dit gehoor as "huwelikin" of "huwelikuit".  ;D ;D ;D

Hahaha!

Soos in 'fluit-fluit, huwelikuit'  ?

Was refraining from doing it, but since this is now turning into an 'I was there too' , I will mention that I was there too, exactly 20 yrs ago. almost to the date when the Helderberg crashed into the sea off Mauritius. Nothing romantic, I was a a main reporter in those days and it was work, work, work all the way with a sore tooth (had a dentist appointment scheduled when the plane went down) and nothing for the pain but the local beer whose sugar content just aggravated the toothache.

However, to come back to the original topic: I had a Mini rent-a-car for the two weeks I was on the island. It was a bit dented, had a rag stuffed in where the petrol cap was supposed to be but it went like the clappers on those narrow roads. It was  running all the time and against deadlines: Hotel, airport, Port Louis, hotel etc. Remember this was in the days before easy digital comms and cellphones you had to rush all over the place to get things done.

I enjoyed the jaaging part, very much though. Must be lovely on a scooter with time on your hands and a pretty chick that actually likes you tagging along

Very nice! :thumleft: Did you notice, all the dogs on that island look the same? Doubt it... you just had oogies for the HAWT bikini babe! ;)