The JSE - a dog's view

heinzz

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F800GS
I should have bought more KIO in Nov-Dec.  KIO Price always going up after their Dec year end.

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Suzuki DR650
0012 said:
Man, I hope NPN and PRX are finally turning around now!

Hahahahaha, if I could go back in time...  :lol8:
In so much of pain right now with npn & prx  :lamer:
Going to borrow some vas now...

Dwerg

Bachelor Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Triumph 900 Scrambler
Anyone know if platforms share transaction limits? The EE platform limits are a little ridiculous. Had to sell off shares in R300 bundles the other day which I am assuming relates to the amount of shares per transaction.

LeonDude

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
Suzuki DR650
Dwerg said:
Anyone know if platforms share transaction limits? The EE platform limits are a little ridiculous. Had to sell off shares in R300 bundles the other day which I am assuming relates to the amount of shares per transaction.
Can't  be due to number of shares.
If I wanted to trade a few penny stocks, say I want to sell 20 000 Jasco at 35c, that would amount to a lot of trades. With Nedbank, the final cost of each trade would come in at around R95 per trade, almost a third of the price per bundle.

LeonDude

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
Suzuki DR650
Ah, I found out where to find all my shares listed under one section on 'Investing.com'
Go to the front page, scroll down to the trending shares and then click on 'Top Losers'.
That's them, right there.

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Suzuki DR650
LeonDude said:
Ah, I found out where to find all my shares listed under one section on 'Investing.com'
Go to the front page, scroll down to the trending shares and then click on 'Top Losers'.
That's them, right there.

Ja nee, none of the orthopedic surgery I've had from bike crashes has even come close to the pain I've felt in the last few weeks  :imaposer:

Just another benefit to living in a shithole like I do, there's no skyscraper to jump from  :lol8:

Wolzac

Wolzac
Reaction score
Bike
Zero (all models)
Wolzak said:
sidetrack said:
So Naspers took a beating
NPN and the shitty new Absa Stockbroker Site made me sell ALL my Shares Yesterday and close my fkn Account. I saw the Shit coming from NPN but was reactive, in other Words, a Dewars. :ricky:.
Thank fk I did this...............Dewars and all. :thumleft:

Dwerg

Bachelor Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Triumph 900 Scrambler
Jirrrrrr....... Put a chunk from my house sale into S&P500 a couple of months ago thinking it bottomed out :mad:

Will recover I'm sure but it looks bad at the moment.

Some articles at the beginning of the year said Curro and Kaap Agri are good buys. Luckily only I have those on my play account but they're down 26 and 17% respectively

Damaraland

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
It's very, very ugly out there. All but 4 of the S&P500 constituents finished in the red yesterday - 1st time since 1990 that's happened I'm told. Not sure where the bottom is here - I'll stick to my plan, take a longer term view and and DCA in every couple of weeks.

Eteinne800

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW (all models)
I've been slowly selling some of my shares over the past few months, so have a nice pile of cash with interest rates picking up.
Put some into standard Bank Flexi account @5.8%.
Now to wait long enough for a turn in markets

Dwerg

Bachelor Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Triumph 900 Scrambler
Was watching a Robert Kiyosaki podcast and the guest technical analyst recons US is heading for a depression worse than the 70s-80s. Others recon the S&P could drop massively still

Neo_za

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Suzuki DL 650 V-Strom
Jirrrrrr....... Put a chunk from my house sale into S&P500 a couple of months ago thinking it bottomed out :mad:

Will recover I'm sure but it looks bad at the moment.

Some articles at the beginning of the year said Curro and Kaap Agri are good buys. Luckily only I have those on my play account but they're down 26 and 17% respectively
Took a nibble at the S&P today. Probably a dead cat bounce and going to be drop more, but these Americans are crazy, so do not want to miss out on any potential siginificant rally. I will add to my position as it goes down. Just hold on, you only lose when you sell. The yanks are normally first into the poo and then first out again.