The Loop at Parys and Slainche takes up farming

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Smithey said:
What was the average speed traveled on those roads ?

Difficult to say

The Trip moving average was 72km/h - up from my normal high 60's. This does not mean much as going through towns and behind traffic tends to screw things up a bit

I also have come to the realisation (only now ;D - hehe) that there is a direct correlation between the life expectancy of a TKC and the amount of hooligan juice in the bloodstream ........

I would guess that cruising down the dirt roads we were probably more often than not doing speeds in the region of 115 to 125km/h
It all depends on the terrain and rest breaks involved
See the section of the loop below - avg was only 42km/h

Attachments

• GPS speed.JPG
    GPS speed.JPG
    145.7 KB
I only got up to 140 once and that was after i waited for Kykdaar to build up a HUUUUGGGEE gap, so i dont catch up to him to soon.

We were a small group, makes for higher average speed, as there is less waiting involved at the rest stops.

Nice report and a good ride, seeing all these rides just makes one want to keep on riding..... ;D ;D A good time had by all  ;D ;D

Thanks for the report and pics. Some of those dirt tracks look like FUN.

Nice trip, nice report. Is that a new rear tyre I see on your bike, Slainche? I happen to know your rear tyre very well, though not  in a straight and upright position.