The three hours - three bridges quicky.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hando

Race Dog
WD Vendor
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha Super Tenere
This morning I had the dubious privilege to spend my time at the Provincial Hospital in Uitenhage hoping to see a doctor before the second coming.  Having been there since 6:30 , I was very happy to hear my name called at 12:25. Saw the doctor , got the appointment for the next person in a long process and got my Sick note for the day to show to the boss.

Now ,having worked for my current boss for quite a while now , I knew that I will not be allowed back at work if the sick note says that I am booked off for the day. So having about 4 hours before sunset I went home , packed my goodies on my bike and hit the road.

The idea was to go and scout the rally routes in Longmore forrest to see if I can find a nice spot for taking photos of the rally cars on Saturday.

I stopped next to the road to take a quick breather and down a cola before riding further.

sml_IMG_7527.jpg

I even saw a rally car go past

sml_IMG_7528.jpg

Back in the saddle the loose gravel and 'marbles' of the forest roads was making me old before my time. So I was actually just too happy to hit the tar again at Thornhill.

With some time to kill before sunset I decided to ride the Van Stadens pass. I stopped at the bottom and took some photos of the 2 bridges.

sml_IMG_7535.jpg

sml_IMG_7538.jpg

sml_IMG_7539.jpg

It was while taking these pics that I decided to photograph all three bridges over van Stadens River.

This had me riding into the Van Stadens flower reserve for a quick pic before I continued to the Narrow Gauge bridge.

sml_IMG_7544.jpg

sml_IMG_7546.jpg

At the Narrow gauge bridge I took some pics

sml_IMG_7548.jpg

sml_IMG_7553.jpg

sml_IMG_7557.jpg

And the went back to my trusty steed waiting patiently for me to hit the happy button again. Oh - and what a happy button it is !!
sml_IMG_7561.jpg

These stolen quickie rides are often the most valuable. Nice pic's. I know you already feel a lot better after the ride.

Lekker lekker!!!

Presies waar is die VW rally saterdag? Dalk kom maak ek n' draai. Het nog nooit rally gesien nie.

Direction brotha...directions :)

Ag nee frieket frikkie - kyk in die koerant more.

Of kry my Saterdag oggend by die uncle Freddies - dan ry jy saam met my vir die dag - dan neem ons lekker fotos vannie rally karre.

Nice pictures BMWO !

I`m in the early stages of organising a PE trip ( atleast a week ) and hope you`ll be able to show me the sights !

GlenInk said:
Nice pictures BMWO !

I`m in the early stages of organising a PE trip ( atleast a week ) and hope you`ll be able to show me the sights !

I doubt I am the person to show you the sights as I am new to the riding thing and I do not know all the routes etc. Also stuck at work all week days and some Saturdays.

I will however gladly join in a ride with you if I am able to sort out my schedule for that day.