The traffic department

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karl

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
This morning I went off to the Parow Traffic department to make a booking for my license. There are big signs up everywhere saying that they are no longer taking bookings for licenses until further notice. Anyway I decided to wait in the queue to find out if that applies to bikes as well. So after waiting forever I get to the front and it turns out bikes were still ok (don't know what people trying to get their car license are supposed to do). So the guy gives me the form and tells me to go fill it out and then go to the eye test. So I walk over to the counters where you are supposed to fill out the form and there are no pens. So I go back to the guy wait in line again and ask for a pen. The guys says sorry but there are no pens, he only has one and he is using it. So I ask him how I am supposed to fill out the form without a pen. His reply is: "you knew you were coming to a government department and that you would have to fill out forms, you should have your own pen" Then in reply to my confused and shocked look he says "its your problem"  :mad:  :mad:  :mad:

Anyway so after finding a pen from somebody in another queue and doing the eye test I am sent to counter 6 to pay. Of course there is nobody at counter 6. In fact there are 9 counters and only 3 people working!!! So I ask the dude at counter 5 if he can help me. He says he can but I must wait for the dude in front of me who is busy using his pen to fill out his forms. So I wait for 5 min while this dude fills out his forms. Then once he is done the guy starts processing the forms. Then his cell phone rings and of course he answers and has a nice long conversation  :mad:

Then finally its my turn, I pay etc then instead of being told, sir our fist opening is on .... is this convenient for you, what time is best for you etc, I just get handed a form with date time etc...  :mad:

I really couldn't believe how bad the service has become. At least in the end I got a booking for November.