Wild Dog Adventure Riding

Help Support Wild Dog Adventure Riding:

bg

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda CRF-250L
PS: I got new runners, can’t wait to try them out!View attachment 794468
I've been running/walking with Asics shoes for the past 10 years, they are very good, hope will enjoy the Gel-nimbus.

The newest Gel Kyano 28 that I've been using are about R3500 in South Africa and they officially last about 800=1000 km I stretch it to 1500km. I always wait for the arrival of the new model and then buy the "old" ones at a discounted price ;) often 2 pairs.

Reaction score
Bike
Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
I've been running/walking with Asics shoes for the past 10 years, they are very good, hope will enjoy the Gel-nimbus.

The newest Gel Kyano 28 that I've been using are about R3500 in South Africa and they officially last about 800=1000 km I stretch it to 1500km. I always wait for the arrival of the new model and then buy the "old" ones at a discounted price ;) often 2 pairs.
I do the same on Amazon
Get 1300 on the Nimbus

Sandban(g)k

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
I also buy older models, the Asics shop in Atterbury sometimes have stock in normal sizes.
Nimbus is one of the best running shoes for a neutral foot strike!

IceCreamMan

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Just ran a PB over 5 kms. Completely unexpected. Was just going out for a run and the first km felt good and relaxed at mediumish pace so thought let’s push and see how it goes.

23 seconds off my previous best. HR average 145 so possibly could have pushed a little more.

human body is an amazing thing.

IceCreamMan

Grey Hound
Reaction score
I wear Kayanos. Have to wear stability shoes esp for the longer runs. Otherwise I get all sorts of complications.

always buy the previous seasons. Saves me 30percent on the new models. 2 seasons a year. Autumn winter and spring summer. Only the colours change and idgaf about colours. 600 Kay’s later they go to my lad and he loves them too.

recently bought a paid or kayano lites. What a revelation.

Sandban(g)k

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
Just ran a PB over 5 kms. Completely unexpected. Was just going out for a run and the first km felt good and relaxed at mediumish pace so thought let’s push and see how it goes.

23 seconds off my previous best. HR average 145 so possibly could have pushed a little more.

Well done ICM! That HR is very low - you are either not giving your all (or a lot anyway) or the sensor is somewhat not accurate.

For a PB on a 5km your HR should be a lot closer to Max HR than that!

IceCreamMan

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Well done ICM! That HR is very low - you are either not giving your all (or a lot anyway) or the sensor is somewhat not accurate.

For a PB on a 5km your HR should be a lot closer to Max HR than that!
I hear you. Sensor is accurate I just battle to get my HR closer to max which should be around 170.

bg

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda CRF-250L

So what was your time?

Reaction score
Bike
Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
Us slow guys don’t advertise such things. Pedestrian pace at best but PB for me. Let’s put it bluntly I will not be disturbing the leaders at the local park run.
Some takes it rather serious
I was not trying back in 2019 to upset any but got lucky and really fit and git the tol ten of our parkrun (that does sadly not exist any longer after Covid)
Some of these guys take note at the time and had all sorts of discussions with me which made me smile big time. I was just enjoying my run and happened to be fast at the time.
Sadly my old back and hip injuries caught up with me but it was dun while it last🤣