This girl is a superhero

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JFE

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 950 Adventure
Found this on the news this morning, we need more of this kind of attitude from our senior officials!

"Little girl fights for rhinos' survival"

Seven-year-old Alyssa Carter is raising money to buy a trained sniffer dog for the Kruger National Park.Her efforts have won her a SANParks award for conservation, and she's been recognised as a Rhino Champion by the Honorary Rangers.

Alyssa wants to protect her favourite animal from extinction; by contributing to the Kruger Park’s anti-poaching initiatives.

“I was learning about endangered animals, then I decided to do something about it… And I’m going to have a dog by the gate,” said Alyssa.

With the help of her parents she started making chocolates and selling them for R10 each. The wrappers feature a picture, hand-drawn by Alyssa herself.

Since May, she’s raised a whopping R15,000, and her goal is R100,000 - enough for a trained sniffer dog.

“All the money is put into the SANParks honorary ranger's bank account. Till the money has been raised. Once the money has been raised, the proper amount, we will actually purchase that dog for the gate,” said SANParks Honorary Rangers' Trevor Kolk.

Alyssa will now also start selling soft rhino toys and stickers at her school to make even more money for her project.

https://www.enca.com/south-africa/little-girl-fights-rhinos-survival