Tjom is onboard

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
AJS (all models)
Hi All,

Call me Tjom. 51years young and been riding since 1985. The era of Suzuki DT50 and Yam AR50 etc. Upgrade to XT500. Kick it and you can ride it. Became sensible for a while and then bought a couple of Suzuki's once more. Them being the GSX750F (02) semi tourer and a Gixer 600 (K7), should have bought the 750 - probably best bike of the range. A double cab decided to make a u-turn across a double white line whilst talking on her cellular device and that was it for the 600. Got a SV1000 there-after. Great bike. Sold it when kids appeared.
Got a peewee 90 for the youngster waiting in the shed one day. Fooled around a bit with some duals and in my older days decided to just get something to commute to work as traffic is a bitc... Dunno if I may type that type of word here. Got myself a new Z300 kawa and what a pleasure she was. Nippy and light. Smooth in lane-split etc.

BUT

Unfortunately an idiot skipped a side-road stop street last week Wednesday and I high-sided doing 60 at the time. In passing I successfully managed to take out the Polo's windscreen, made an impressive somersault over the roof and inspected his bootlid before greeting the tarmac. No roasties but seriously blue from hips to knees including the center-piece. Wrists and fingers a given in attempts such as these I guess.

Awaiting the news, but alas front forks bent so that is that I suppose...

Will be shopping in the near future I guess. Maybe a youngish 650GS or so. Days hell bent on track is over for me.