To buy new or renew the old

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ou Ryperd

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 890 Adventure R
Ok, so here's the scenario. My Arai TX is about 3 years old and did around 50 000kms on my sweaty head. It never fell, not even off the mirror), but I had some slow off's, nothing serious. Cannot even remember if I banged the head or not. The insides of the helmet is vrot, and buying new will surely help with fitting lekker again (those cheek panels are OLD).

Scenario 1: Replace the insides & visor
This is a good option as the outside still looks good, but the cost!! R600 for the cheek pads, R600 for the head lining and R900 for the visor!!! R2100 on an old helmet - is it worth it?

Scenario 2: Buy new helmet
Having a TX spoiled me, but paying R7500 for new lid is out of the question!!

The Shoei Hornet costs around R5500, and Leo gave me good feedback and he is satisfied. Even claim that he will not go back to Arai TX!!!

The Airoh S4 is an outsider. Never fitted one. The MX helmets are popular (maybe because they are sponsoring the likes of David Knight, etc). I am not even sure about the cost, but do know that they are WAY cheaper than the other two options listed above.

So what do I do... replace the old stuff in the TX or buy new? If new, is the Airoh good enough? Am I just a spoiled pozer brad that wants BRAND names?

Choices-choices... ???

Latest posts