TomTom Rider 2013 and Spirit bluetooth - weird behaviour.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OomD

Grey Hound
WD Supporter
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 690 Adventure
I have the rider paired to the Spirit bluetooth headset, and all works well except for one irritating thing... The TomTom seems to connect to the bluetooth only when it needs to say something, and periodically in between (maybe to check if the headset is still present?), so everytime it disconnects again I get this beep in my ear from the Spirit to inform me that the bluetooth has been disconnected.

I cannot seem to find a setting on the TomTom to tell it to stay connected, and the frequent beeping is becoming a real irritation when riding. Every few km's there's a beep. It's very annoying.

Does anybody else have the same issue when using a different headset, like the Scala or Interphone? I've had very good service from the Spirit headset, and don't want to buy a new, more expensive headset if this issue will remain.

I see there's now a more cost effective headset from Sena, the SMH5. Anybody use this with a TomTom yet? Or any other headset?