Topdogs lead by example

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raka

Race Dog
WD Vendor
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
Went riding with my wife on Sunday from Lonehill to Krugersdorp on the N14.Was doing about 190 when i had a blow out on the back tyre. Pulled over and got of the bike.No......that doesn't sound right!Hang on for life and screaming DONT PANIC , close the throttle slowly and with help from above managed to stop next to the road and with shaking hands and leggs slowly got of the bike....Checked the back tyre and saw a nice hole made by , i pressume a big nail.So the wife ask "shall i call the AA ?
Trying to regain some manhood i say don't worry i'll fixed.Take of the bm's seat and dig in the toolkit.Ofcourse everything is there, the air cannisters the tyre tools....but no plugs!!!
"Back to AA" the wife asked.No i'll wave down a fellow biker for some assistance...
I kid you not, almost 30 bikes passed with no luck.All we got was a few toots and thumpsup to match my thumpsdown signs!
(i always thought if a bike is parked next to the road with the seat of and a man and his wife shows thumps down that a fellow rider will stop in this beautifull country of us,but not )
"AA?"Comes the now familiar question.NO!!!   i'll fone a friend!So i fone the topdog.Killroy answered but he had a date with the Voortrekkermonument,so he went one better,he kicked his wife out of bed and send her all the way in a cage with plugs and compressor to where we were still trying to wave bikers down.A 70 km plus drive at 8 on a Sunday morning for someone that is not a morning person .
So evetually i plugged the tyre,enflated it, and bucks your uncle, of we go again(with spare plugs),thanks to the topdog,s wife!(i wanted to say "bitch" but somehow it doesn,t sound right!)
Point i want to make,the topdog lead by example!!
Thanx again H&M.Also for checking on us later.
PS i still think the AA is for quiters!

At the risk of sucking up to each other  :biggrin: - the reason why Raka didn't have plugs with him is because he recently helped out stranded motorists with flat tyres.  Since the breakdown couldn't have happened to a nicer person - it was all a pleasure mate...

If I had to send my wife at 8 in the morning to fix a fellow dogs puncture,  I would be divorced in 2 seconds flat. :bueller:

8)

:imaposer: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

BoerSchoeman said:
If I had to send my wife at 8 in the morning to fix a fellow dogs puncture,  I would be divorced in 2 seconds flat. :bueller:

8)

You say it like it's a bad thing  >:D

Well done KilRoy & wyfie.  :thumleft:

Well done KilRoy! You are an example to us all! :thumleft:
Good on wifey too, she deserves a medal!

Well done to top dog & wifey :thumleft:

Sad that none of the other bikers stopped :'(  Was close to Harties Sunday when my one mirror mount vibrated loose - stopped and fixed it within 3 minutes but had 2 bikers slowed down in that time to ask if I was OK ;D

Maybe I just looked more helpless  :imaposer: