Trail Riding 101 - Centurion to somewhere

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tr0jan

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
So we got all the ladies together again and we set off for the usual ride and braai.

It was raining heavily on Saturday night and the mud munster was everywhere, and took 2 victims :(

dsc00554qo6.jpg

We ended up at the famous broken down house on the top of one climb.

dsc00556wa7.jpg

dsc00555wp5.jpg

If you have a look you can see the trail running down from the top of the mountain.

dsc00557fz6.jpg

dsc00558gt1.jpg

We followed the foot path down the steep decline after the small mountain pass, just to get to the Hennops river.
dsc00559lx8.jpg

dsc00560wz1.jpg

dsc00561mc8.jpg

dsc00562gv2.jpg

Have a look at the bike standing at the bottom, this can give you an indication of where we went :D
dsc00235lp4.jpg

At the river our usual braai spot was "taken" so we went exploring for a better picnic spot.
dsc00563qd6.jpg

dsc00564or4.jpg

We took one direction but it ended up being a bit overflowed. We turned back, and went up the mountain again.
dsc00565kh3.jpg

Up the mountain we followed which ever trail came our way, and we were impressed :)
dsc00566wf3.jpg

dsc00567bm1.jpg

dsc00568hq8.jpg

dsc00569ph4.jpg

How about a picnic spot with a view, and a lekke braai.
dsc00570pt2.jpg

dsc00571ll2.jpg

dsc00572tc9.jpg

dsc00573uv9.jpg

Great trip all together, rode 72km and took about 5 hours.
7 crashes, most were the KLE's. BUT THEY ARE DAMN HEAVY!

Oh ja, from where we were, you could see harties (or the edge where the damn wall is).
The MTN dome, the hillbrow tower, and Pelindaba.

Was an awesome ride.
Pity no KLR showed up.....  ???

But was very challenging on the KLE, it became very heavy as some inclines even the scramblers strugled and had to work hard!!!

Ja swaer. I can't ride yet and you okes saw what state my bike is in. This afternoon I'll start assembling it again, this time with all the farkels. Next time I'm in for sure.

JohnST said:
Pity no KLR showed up.....  ???

:-[ :-[ A babalas is not a mans friend  :-[ :-[

Not to myself leaf the Taquila next time

Will go the next time for sure

Sjoe next time I'm going with elbow pads or some Tequila to clean the wounds!!  :-*

Het 2 keer hard neer geMOER!!!! Bike niks oor gekom nie, maar ek het paar merke!!

Nice bikes & lekke ride! Respect for that KLE going everywhere with the scramblers!

Soos Groenie sal ek ook volgende keer wil join!
Nice report en fotos, maak my jaloers!!

Laat weet wanneer julle weer hierdie trail gaan ry. Ek sal ook graag met my plastic wil saamry.

KatieMad said:
Laat weet wanneer julle weer hierdie trail gaan ry. Ek sal ook graag met my plastic wil saamry.

Hoekom maak ons nie 'n crowd op en gaan ry by De Wildt nie? Was self ook nog nie daar en sal graag wil gaan.

Ons kan ja, ma soos ek verstaan van de Wildt, is daar iets van alles.

As dit baie technical gaan wees, gaan ek eerder met die pit bike gaan. Minder tech, dan sal ek met die KLE gaan.

Post op "planning a ride", en dan gaan ons. (die wat pitch anyway)