two friends, 2 GS's, and the South African countryside *NOW WITH A VIDEO*

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krazy-eyes

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
this is what men do. men go on bike rides into the dark of a friday night, not knowing what their destination will be.

here is a link to my album on FB https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151503409256278.1073741825.543501277&type=1&l=c2e739a755

in a nutshell - we set off at 4pm on friday, outran the dark stormclouds till they caught up with us in Bronhorstspruit.
Riding backroads only, going past Loskop dam, we continued to ride into the dark of night till we got to Dulstroom at 10pm where the nightlife of the local pub made us stay  :imaposer:

the next morning, using backroads again we made our way down the escarpment through the most amazing forests to Sabie.

on sunday we continued on a very non-direct route to just outside of Nelspruit. from there i went solo to a troutfarm where i visited my parents.

1100km - what an awesome weekend!!!!

not having any set plans makes it so much more fun. you just need a general direction and route, and the rest will fall into place.

Attachments

• 021.JPG
    021.JPG
    116.1 KB
Looks lekker to ride those dirt roads at night. Nice and fresh!

that GS goes really well for a bike that's almost 10 years old. it just purrs  :biggrin:
it's heavy as a ton of bricks, but you get used to it.

Latest posts