Two Wild Dogs on 4 wheels (Just for a weekend)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R

Red

We are a bunch of girls who do a quadbike weekend once a year.  Trinity and I are part of the group.  Our first run was up Sani Pass last year and this year we went to Sabie.  One of our â??regularsâ? had to withdraw due to a back injury, and in her place I invited an ex-colleague I never spent time with away from work. 

The weekend started on Friday when we were supposed to ride out to base camp.

We were in for interesting times.  B (my ex-colleague) and her friend P rocked up in BMW with luggage on both the back seat and the trunk.  They thought we were going to a spa where we need to change clothes at least 3 times a day.  Two litres of suntan lotion, 15 pairs of shoes and at least 5 swimsuits were part of the package.

We stared at them with dropped jaws and we received the same type of looks. 

We arrived at Sabie River Adventures and after introductions, a briefing and general instructions, we were on our way.

The first 2 obstacles were 3 minutes away from the starting block.

P1020419.jpg

P1020412.jpg

We spent about an hour on the quads, doing some interesting terrain, and arrived at base camp.  What a nice spot.

P1020361.jpg

P1020355.jpg

P1020365.jpg

Saturday was overcast when we set out for a 120km run into the plantations and some forests. 

Some of the girls in action.

P1020286.jpg

We were not going for long when it started drizzling.
At the first stop the girls started dressing in designer black bags.  Trinity decided she is a tough Chicky and went on just wearing a T-shirt - no black bags to mess up her outfit.

P1020294.jpg

At the afternoon stop where we had lunch and we sat around the fire in very unflattering positions trying to dry everything we could. 

P1020312.jpg

This was the bathroom at the afternoon stop.  Beautiful.

P1020321.jpg

Fortunately it stopped raining, the clouds lifted and we could see Godâ??s Window from the bottom of the mountain.

The rest of the run was uneventful, but with a few interesting â??technicalâ? bits.

P1020341.jpg

We got to base camp nice and dirty.  Our shoes.

P1020349.jpg

The next day was very special.  The guide, Kobus, took us to some wonderful spots.

Hereâ??s Trinity staring at a waterfall.

DSC01140.jpg

Trinity in her new rain suit, as kindly forwarded by malJohan doing some skydiving from a quad.  We though the suit called for some action.

DSC01123.jpg

Me on a very scary bridge.  It sounded as if it was going to collapse at any minute. 

DSC01187.jpg

A waterfall along the way.

P1020408.jpg

A Shongololo climbing a tree.

P1020394.jpg

Some interesting tree roots.

P1020403.jpg

Our noble steeds for the weekend.

P1020379.jpg

My beloved Shark Butterfly helmet back in action after the fall in Attakwas Kloof.

P1020425.jpg

Nice! Good to see a ride report from the "Spunky chick" again ;D

Good to see you out having fun again.

A lekker girls weekend away!  :cool:

Nothing wrong with four chicks on 4 wheels out in the forest , great report.  :)