Upcycling of Fishing nets

Wild Dog Adventure Riding

Help Support Wild Dog Adventure Riding:

captain jack

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1150GS
We have been approached about upcycling fishing nets. Not small stuff, but used on deep sea fishing trawlers.

It seems these could be recycled into camping ground sheets etc.

Anyone into industrial scale upscaling, pm me for the relevant environmental managers contact details.

captain jack

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1150GS
Quote:

".My office understands upcycling initiative minimizes the volume of waste being sent to landfills each year and reduces CO2 emissions by extending the lifespan of materials. xxxxx has unused fishing nets on site that can be donated to any organization as an upcycling process.

if there is any organization or company that needs our unused fishing nets to be reused and recovered, please refer them to my office and the contact details are on my signature"

wobbler

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
Pierre -we use anchovy type nets for paragliding takeoff spots. If its that sort, I'm sure we could use some. If I&J sort it wont work for us.

subie

Bachelor Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda XR125L
People who make groundsheets from a net are probably the same people who sell crotchless panties.
Anchovy nets make great groundsheets . Even better than the solid type groundsheets and lasts for years. They are heavier though

captain jack

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1150GS
Pierre -we use anchovy type nets for paragliding takeoff spots. If its that sort, I'm sure we could use some. If I&J sort it wont work for us.
Not sure, it's Sea Harvest, but they do run a variety of different types of fishing. I'll pm you the contact details. If they have and are dishing them out for free, why not.