Vintage Ride-Race-Report.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blazes

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
Husqvarna (all models)
I know that this is mostly for the Older generation riders who enjoyed riding these bikes and still do own some of them. Now that i have read this--i must start looking for a Project Old bike for the odd Sunday ride.

Enjoy the pics and look at some of the stands the use for a front wheel ???

https://www.cafehusky.com/forums/showthread.php?p=53417#post53417

Nice, when I was a small kid my dad had a yellow yz 250 twin shock still remember holding on to the petrol tank  :thumleft:

Pistonslap said:
Nice, when I was a small kid my dad had a yellow yz 250 twin shock still remember holding on to the petrol tank  :thumleft:
Just brings back some memories for me--No Disc brakes those days--after you had ridden through water --you had NO brakes for the next 20km and ended up streching the brake cables way beyond what they were intended for.

my earliest memories are when sinisalo made atgatt, castrol tts was mixed 25:1, there was back of the moon, corrobrik and when the jukskei was still good riding turf :thumleft:

Pistonslap said:
my earliest memories are when sinisalo made atgatt, castrol tts was mixed 25:1, there was back of the moon, corrobrik and when the jukskei was still good riding turf :thumleft:
Castrol TTs Man the smell of that in a 2smoke was better than the stuff from Durbs they found in the Bush.

Ps. See all the latest Husky gear is made by Sinisalo--Looking at getting some--was A1 stuff in those days.

blazes said:
Pistonslap said:
Castrol TTs Man the smell of that in a 2smoke was better than the stuff from Durbs they found in the Bush.

Ps. See all the latest Husky gear is made by Sinisalo--Looking at getting some--was A1 stuff in those days.

+1 loved the smell of it, nothing like the tinny drang tang of a 2 smoke on tts and freshly turned dirt.. :mwink:

I had sinisalo when I was a kidlet nice stuff!...Colin Dugmore lived up the road from me I used to swing by his house on ocasion and oogle at his tricks man he was a machine...his team green kx125 had wings! :eek7:

Ah yes I had an old 360WR. 1800 ZA Ront from Richard Wright in the days when 1 US$ was worth 0,75 ZA Ront. 6 speed but no primary kick, Castrol R (burn out the exhaust every few months) or Bel Ray (wonderful). Beautiful metal tank but immediately replaced with plastic. Dick Burleson won every enduro in the US on one. Not me, I brought up the rear of the first WFO's in slimy Howick, New Hanover, Richmond and such places but boy it was fun.

I sold my last one for R500 and a mate of mine gave 3 away. So gaan die lewe.

Absolutely fabulous! Even a Montesa!
I also had a Suz TM400, how could we ever guess they would become collectable?