***WD CHARITY*** OPERATION SMILE - LODIE DE JAGER: MUNICH TO CT

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SwannieBraai

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
AJS (all models)
Just received this mail from Lodie de Jager who did a trip from Naboom - Russia on a KLR:

“Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.” – James Dean

Willem,

Oor bietjie meer as ‘n week begin my tweede lang motorfietstoer. Die keer begin ek in Duitsland en ry die lang pad terug Suid-Afrika toe. Ek hoop om teen middel Augustus in Kaapstad te wees. Op die stadium gaan ‘n boer van Naboom, Keat Cargnelutti, saam met my ry.

Ek samel met dié rit geld in vir Operation Smile, daardie wonderlike mense wat kinders met haaslippies en gesplete verhemeltes opereer.

Ek gaan ook dié keer op my webblad ‘n dagboek oor my reis en interessante gebeure hou. Die webblad is, soos twee jaar gelede,  www.naboom2germany.co.za (.) Jy kan op die dagboek inteken en ontvang dan elke inskrywing outomaties per epos.

Ek sien baie uit na die langpad en die ontmoetings met die ‘locals’ onderweg.  Dis jammer dat ‘n leeftyd so kort is vir al die dinge wat ‘n mens wil doen!

Groete

Lodie

PS   Ek ry nog steeds met dieselfde onverwoesbare motorfiets as twee jaar gelede.

(English)

Willem,

In just over a week I am starting on my second long motorcycle tour. This time I am going to ride from Germany back to South Africa. I hope to be in Cape Town around middle of August. A local farmer, Keat Cargnelutti, is joining me on this ride.

I am using this ride to raise funds for Operation Smile, those wonderful people who operate children with cleft lips and palates.

I am going to write again on a blog on all the experiences and highlights. The website is the same as two years ago, www.naboom2germany.co.za (.) On the blog you can subscribe to all the new posts. If you subscribe you will receive all the posts by email.

I look forward to riding for weeks and months under our big blue African skies. What a pity that a life is so short in comparison to all the dreams to be fullfilled!

Regards

Lodie

PS   I am going to do the tour with the same undestroyable motorbike as two years ago.