Which one was fastest ?

Wild Dog Adventure Riding

Help Support Wild Dog Adventure Riding:

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F800GS
With bikes that have such small motors the rider weight made a big difference..my Rz was always a bit slower than my friends mbx, but he was much smaller than me...

dieterf

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
Stock standard - it was always a tossup between the RZ and the Gamma.
Disagree
Here in the Suburbs of CT my MBX was fastest stock, a friend of mines DT was a major rival, think it was a freak bike!

Neo_za

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Suzuki DL 650 V-Strom
When i was youngster i rember it was close, but the gamma normally took it. Then there were the brothers i knew who both got brand new RZ's at the same time. They were similiar in weight and size, but the one's bike was always faster than the other.

My recollection was that the AR was the slowest, with the MBX falling inbetween.

My boet had the scarcer AE80 which gave him te edge.

sidetrack

Gentleman Dog
Reaction score
When i was youngster i rember it was close, but the gamma normally took it. Then there were the brothers i knew who both got brand new RZ's at the same time. They were similiar in weight and size, but the one's bike was always faster than the other.

My recollection was that the AR was the slowest, with the MBX falling inbetween.

My boet had the scarcer AE80 which gave him te edge.
My dad and his friend both had Black Bombers, one was always faster. Don’t think all bikes are created equal

DirtyXT

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Zero (all models)
Gammas had legend status, rz's were always quick as they were newish, compared to the DT's. Nothing could touch the almighty TZR though. Even standing still it was quick.

Attachments

• IMG_20220804_184926.jpg
    IMG_20220804_184926.jpg
    433.2 KB · Views: 0

Dux

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
Triumph (all models)
I saw a very neat RZ in traffic the other day , sounded sweet but it did have a pipe fitted .

Dux

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
Triumph (all models)
In short circuit racing it was between the RZ and RG , the MBX had more potential engine wise , but the chassis geometry sucked

BuRP

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda XR650R

Correct, but then the RS only - which was a plated motorbike, license needed etc, with 6.3hp.
But that figure is a bit misleading as it also pulled quite a bit lower down the rev-range, they drag-beat all the hotted-up fifties!
Mind you, there were some Garelli's who were genuinely fast..... until they were nicked by the Police :ROFLMAO:

Vintage_Mania

1979 Honda CB400T
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Gammas had legend status, rz's were always quick as they were newish, compared to the DT's. Nothing could touch the almighty TZR though. Even standing still it was quick.
My younger boet had a Honda NSR50 (think round 1993 model?) and the TZR's were looking like fools!