Which one was fastest ?

Wild Dog Adventure Riding

Help Support Wild Dog Adventure Riding:

Dwerg

Bachelor Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Triumph 900 Scrambler
Al wat kan julle sê is ‘n RZ hanteer ‘n blom bedding kruising teen 60km/h verbasend goed

BuRP

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda XR650R
did your 50 brand lock you in brand-wise?

I didn't have the money for a 125cc Garelli because I made my Cross into a racer, quite costly for a student.
So, bought a Kawasaki S2 instead, built 1 from 2 very used one's..... and so the real bug started biting! 😋

And what 50s did the KTM riders have?

Garelli's natuurlik!
Pff, what a question!
:ROFLMAO:

Manic

Gentleman Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 790 Adventure R
Ever took a ride on one of these?
1988 Yamaha YSR 50 2 stroke.
Mini bike, street legal. This hauls ass for a 50cc :cool:C35BB908-B7AE-40F2-8487-98900A6749C8.jpeg

Advrider

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F800GS
Ek het my Rz baie geniet... op myne gesit 'n after market pyp, Dit het 'n baie groot verskil gemaak. My Rz was van die vinnigste in die dorpe in ons omgewing Secunda Kriel Evander Trichardt...
Ek onthou eenkeer hoe het die bike gebreek toe het ons die fiets gaan sleep met 'n jetta en 'n pel van my het die bike gery terwyl ons hom sleep... ons het toe begin op 80 to 100 120 140 en omtrent 10 kilos hom so gesleep
Toe ons op kom plaas kom en die man klim af was hy verskriklik kwaad maar ons het baie gelag in die kar vir die man se lyftaal en tekens
Hoe dom kan ons nie wees of onverantwoordelik.....
Jesus se genade wat ons nog al die jare opgepas het!

Dit was van my lekkerste motorfiets ry jare hy en 'n Dt125 water-cooled

Welsh

Grumpy Mutt
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1150GS
I didn't have the money for a 125cc Garelli because I made my Cross into a racer, quite costly for a student.
So, bought a Kawasaki S2 instead, built 1 from 2 very used one's..... and so the real bug started biting! 😋

Garelli's natuurlik!
Pff, what a question!
:ROFLMAO:
I had a Garelli, POS but a buddy later had an S2, disc brake used to squeal like hell, he lived at the top of a steep hill, he cured the squeal with a spray of WD40, but he didnt cater for the bend at the bottom of the hill.

Straatkat

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 950 SE
I sadly missed out on the whole 50 thing, my dad had other priorities than buy me a bike. A neighbour's kid also died in a bike accident, and that also did not help my cause. I had to cycle to school my whole school career, and first opportunity I got I bought a big bike....then the learning curve started. Methinks it is way better to learn and fall with a 50 than a powerful heavy bike.
The other day myself and a lifelong friend turned 60, and we were both amazed how we survived this long with all the crazy shit we did on bikes when we were young!

Welsh

Grumpy Mutt
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1150GS
I sadly missed out on the whole 50 thing, my dad had other priorities than buy me a bike. A neighbour's kid also died in a bike accident, and that also did not help my cause. I had to cycle to school my whole school career, and first opportunity I got I bought a big bike....then the learning curve started. Methinks it is way better to learn and fall with a 50 than a powerful heavy bike.
The other day myself and a lifelong friend turned 60, and we were both amazed how we survived this long with all the crazy shit we did on bikes when we were young!
Trust me, my brothers mates were taking bets in my local pub as to whether or not I would make my next birthday back in the day. As they say a lack of self preservation is worth 15 hp. :cool:

Dux

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
Triumph (all models)
Trust me, my brothers mates were taking bets in my local pub as to whether or not I would make my next birthday back in the day. As they say a lack of self preservation is worth 15 hp. :cool:
To be old and wise one must first be young and foolish

BuRP

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda XR650R
a buddy later had an S2, disc brake used to squeal like hell

Even after aaalllll these years I'm still jealous because mine had a two leading shoe drum.... which, even after lapping with grinding paste just refused to do anything, if I'd have had WD40 I might have well filled it with it!
An utter shite brake, and I still remember the place where a car`driver saved my life by braking hard - whilst he absolutely had the right of way! - so I could shoot straight across in front of him, all the while pulling all anchors hard but to hardly any avail.... which luckily must have been obvious to him!
Also my friend, at that stage behind me on his RD350 braking normally (after a dice, you guessed it yeah) with his single disc, and smiling wiiiiide 😋