Whining engine noise...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Patrol

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F800GS
On my return home from the recent trip the weekend after hitting a  pothole there is a whining noise soon as I select 3rd gear at 40km/h and can be heard up to 6th gear 80km/h , not going faster trying to keep the wind noise in helmet  down with leaving the throttle and coasting the whining noise is much more noticeable , the noise was never there before I hit the pothole.

There are not any visible oil leaks, gear shifting is smooth, chain tension looks fine, no cushion rubbers on rear wheel are worn out, No ticking sound referring to valves , bike at idle and high revs are normal.  Bike is now on 83k km and oil changes was done on every 6000km , next oil change is due on 84k.

I have read on some web posts that the twins are known for the noisy engines but not whining gears certain something is not right with the sudden whining noise, a pair of earplugs is not going to sort it out. Is there someone I can the bike to in GP – Pta area that can have a listen/look at it.