Who would have thought George Area is so nice to ride.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mother

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Harley Davidson (all models)
I met Ken not so long ago on a Harley trip we were doing ....

In typical bike style one gets chatting and i discovered Ken got into dual purpose riding around two years ago......

Well this wouldn't be unusual if it wasn't for the fact that Ken is 81 years young......

This really pricked my interest as this is an admirable quality in a person that i can only look up to......
I really take my hat off to these die hard bikers because i would love to still be riding when I'm their age........my own dad only retired from biking at 84

this keeps me positive as i think there is hope for me  :biggrin:

Anyway let me not digress .......

Ken lives alone in George in a Retirement village and he invited me to come stay over and ride the roads around the George area

It wasnt long and we had made plans to get together.....

Ken is an ex pilot so navigation and trip planning is his thing....I was ok to just fall in with whatever he had planned for the day....

I did ask him to incorporate the old Montagu pass which ive always wanted to do , but never got around to riding .....(bucket list item)

Ken invited his neighbour Chris to join us on the ride

the joys of being retired is we could do a midweek ride .....

I drove up to George on Tuesday and we did this ride on Wednesday and then it was back to Cape town on Thursday

I have started making Gopro videos of my trip to visually tell the story so this one will be no different

It is a 3 part visual of the beautiful ride Ken and Chris took me on in and around George

It was an eye opener to realize what a beautiful and scenic place these guys get to ride in on a regular basis

On top of that hats off to Ken who continues to pursue his love of motorcycling and for an amazing ride

When I grow up I want to be like Ken

Map is the route we took

Attachments

• map.jpg
    map.jpg
    946.6 KB · Views: 347