Why every Honda CRF1000 should have a BoosterPlug

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 890 Adventure R
Just received feedback from Jaco riding a 2017 CRF2017L:

"Booster Plug is groot verbetering, die Twin voel soos nuwe fiets.
Low end beter en die engine voel koeler."

and
"I had a BoosterPlug installed last week. It works! Bike much smoother now at low rpm in low gears. Idle more stable as well. Great improvement!"

and
"As soon as I got the tank back on I started it up. The idle was steady. No fluctuations. I gave the throttle a blip. Throttle response is quick and precise. So far so good. I installed the rest of the body work and took it for a spin. It was like riding a whole new bike! The acceleration is smooth as butter. No more jerking in the lower revs at low speeds. Downshifting does not pop nearly as much or as loud as it used to either. This is just what she needed!"

Yes, I import them, but honestly, the CRF1000 is another bike after fitting a BoosterPlug.

After 2016 they are all subject to stricter Euro 4 rules. This makes the CRF snatchy, underperforming at low rpm. Going over a speed hump and then opening the throttle, Anti Skid Control puts the bike in paralysis. DCT pullaway is sluggish, and you have to ride it in Sport mode instead of Drive to make it go.

BoosterPlug is a plug 'n play, increasing the Air Fuel ratio just when needed. It makes the bike go so much better, whether manual or DCT gearbox.
I have ridden both before and after, and can vouch for the improvements in throttle response, low rpm pull and engine responsiveness.
My first impression on riding an Africa Twin was: is this really a 1000cc? It does not feel like it. But after tweaking fueling by fitting a BoosterPlug the bike made sense.

Installation is easy-ish. Not as easy as on a R1200GS because you have to lift the tank to get to the AIT sensor on the inlet manifold. But it is plug 'n play. No cut wires, no warranty issues, no adaptive learning. The bike runs cooler, better, more assertive, more power.

I have seen enough happy owners after BoosterPlug to know that one can't go wrong.
For less than a set of new tyres, you can sort out your bike's fueling. It is really a no brainer.

Speak to me: Roodt 0824405250

BoosterPlug.jpg